Home Electrical Work

Vivek Batra

Dear FMs

I need your help on electrical work for my upcomig home. I am looking for an electrician nowdays to do all the work but not sure what should be my expectation from the electrician or how should I judge the expertise of the person, what are the best practices for such work.

I am not well informed on all the latest requirements in a home nowdays. It would be of great help to me if you guys could share your knowledge with me.

Here is what would be there in the home

Basement
1. Dedicated Listening room
2. HT/TV cum lounge

Ground Floor
1. Living room
2. Lounge
3. Bedroom
4. Lobby

First Floor
1. 3 Bedrooms
2. Lobby

Second Floor
1. Terrace
2. Helper room etc.

Below is what I have in my mind that should be provisioned

1. CCTV
2. Anti theft alarms
3. Solar System
4. Video door bell
5. Earthing
6. Lightning arrester
7. What kind of lighting in diferent areas?

What else?

Thanks
Vivek

Dear FMs

I need your help on electrical work for my upcomig home. I am looking for an electrician nowdays to do all the work but not sure what should be my expectation from the electrician or how should I judge the expertise of the person, what are the best practices for such work.

I am not well informed on all the latest requirements in a home nowdays. It would be of great help to me if you guys could share your knowledge with me.

Here is what would be there in the home

Basement
1. Dedicated Listening room
2. HT/TV cum lounge

Ground Floor
1. Living room
2. Lounge
3. Bedroom
4. Lobby

First Floor
1. 3 Bedrooms
2. Lobby

Second Floor
1. Terrace
2. Helper room etc.

Below is what I have in my mind that should be provisioned

1. CCTV
2. Anti theft alarms
3. Solar System
4. Video door bell
5. Earthing
6. Lightning arrester
7. What kind of lighting in diferent areas?

What else?

Thanks
Vivek
Since you are going to do it from scratch it will be very useful if you can understand the basics technically.There are many videos explaining very clearly on 3 phase connection, neutral, Grounding and the best practices.Also all the components involved are very clearly explained. This way you can understand the design and if any faults in the feature you can easily rectify it. Most of the electricians don't follow the protocols. I am now suffering and struggling to fix my issues.There is one channel in tamil and they explain things very nicely but not sure if it will be of help as i am assuming you don't know tamil. I am sure you are going to get a lot of tips from other members

Last edited:
Since you are going to do it from scratch it will be very useful if you can understand the basics technically.There are many videos explaining very clearly on 3 phase connection, neutral, Grounding and the best practices.Also all the components involved are very clearly explained. This way you can understand the design and if any faults in the feature you can easily rectify it. Most of the electricians don't follow the protocols. I am now suffering and struggling to fix my issues.There is one channel in tamil and they explain things very nicely but not sure if it will be of help as i am assuming you don't know tamil. I am sure you are going to get a lot of tips from other members
Thanks Naveen.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back