Home Networking Cable Suggestion

Vivek Batra

Hi Guys

Need your advice on doing the cabling for CCTV cameras and internet in the whole house. My house has 4 floors, modem/switch are gonna be in basement from where I need to run cables to all the CCTV end points, to all the TVs, Wifi end points, camera door phone etc speard over 3 floors.

I am planning to run D-Link Cat 6 cable for this. Is it good idea already? Or are there any other better or future proof options available?

Thanks.

I have D-Link cables running on 2 floors and they are all outdoor cables - running outside. Haven't had any issues yet in 2 years.

I have D-Link cables running on 2 floors and they are all outdoor cables - running outside. Haven't had any issues yet in 2 years.
Mine would be all in the exclusive wall conduits. Whats your intenet connection speed and what speed you get at the farthest end point?

The furthest point is at 50+ mtrs of cable run as we had to run around in circles with the routing - literally. My current plan is a 500 Mbps, & I have Netgear ORBI installed all over the house - 4 to be precise, so 2 run wired and other 2 run as daisy chains (unwired) off the wired ones, as these aren't critical. At late night I get over 600 MBPS in my office (tested on speedtest) which is where the network paraphernalia is installed. At the same time, the wired connections are in the similar range and the daisy chained ones are at a respectable 300+ MBPS.

Thanks!

The furthest point is at 50+ mtrs of cable run as we had to run around in circles with the routing - literally. My current plan is a 500 Mbps, & I have Netgear ORBI installed all over the house - 4 to be precise, so 2 run wired and other 2 run as daisy chains (unwired) off the wired ones, as these aren't critical. At late night I get over 600 MBPS in my office (tested on speedtest) which is where the network paraphernalia is installed. At the same time, the wired connections are in the similar range and the daisy chained ones are at a respectable 300+ MBPS.

Thanks!
Thanks for the sharing.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back