Remotely controlling NVR

Vivek Batra

Hi FMs

Need your help on the IP camera setup. I have terminated all the IP camera in my basement, where I am planning to install a networking switch and the NVR.The normal setup I know is that, the TV screen and the NVR are in close vicinity and there is a HDMI connection between TV and NVR.

I can not or do not want to install a TV near the NVR in basement but rather on Ground Floor, the same screen I want to use for watching TV and cameras.

Here is my issue
How can I connect NVR and TV which are on different floors and distance could be more 40 to 50 feet. Even if I some how connect them, how do I control NVR from ground floor to switch the different camera views/recordings.

Solutions I hope exists but I am unaware of

1. Any NVR that can be controlled via an app?
2. Any app that can be installed directly on TV to control the NVR
3. Any other solutions which is better than 1 and 2

Thanks
Vivek

Subscribe to 360securities youtube channel and post your query on any video comment or his Facebook page.
He mostly replies to all the comments

Last edited:
Hi FMs

Need your help on the IP camera setup. I have terminated all the IP camera in my basement, where I am planning to install a networking switch and the NVR.The normal setup I know is that, the TV screen and the NVR are in close vicinity and there is a HDMI connection between TV and NVR.

I can not or do not want to install a TV near the NVR in basement but rather on Ground Floor, the same screen I want to use for watching TV and cameras.

Here is my issue
How can I connect NVR and TV which are on different floors and distance could be more 40 to 50 feet. Even if I some how connect them, how do I control NVR from ground floor to switch the different camera views/recordings.

Solutions I hope exists but I am unaware of

1. Any NVR that can be controlled via an app?
2. Any app that can be installed directly on TV to control the NVR
3. Any other solutions which is better than 1 and 2

Thanks
Vivek
hi,
if your tv is android and tv and nvr both in same network you can live view any camera via onvif app.
if u need any help DM

I am using imou products for 2 years now. the implementation is like you just provide power to cams, and connect to your router.
- Videos will record internally can change to movements only recording. just add sc
- Can be viewed with mobile app any where with net
- can setup movement alerts, has configurable options that you are at home or out... etc
- can add in google home architecture if you have android phone download and configure
- based on model can have bi-directional communication, trigger alarm, panic flash
- if needed can subscribe to their cloud service and record as rollover.
- if router or internet is down the recording happens in- cam in rollover for 7 days

still in amazon india

I am using imou products for 2 years now. the implementation is like you just provide power to cams, and connect to your router.
- Videos will record internally can change to movements only recording. just add sc
- Can be viewed with mobile app any where with net
- can setup movement alerts, has configurable options that you are at home or out... etc
- can add in google home architecture if you have android phone download and configure
- based on model can have bi-directional communication, trigger alarm, panic flash
- if needed can subscribe to their cloud service and record as rollover.
- if router or internet is down the recording happens in- cam in rollover for 7 days

still in amazon india
Thanks will check these products.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back