Home theater custom made advice

i already go Yamaha Music Square at camac street, at present they sales only music instruments, i talked to them they said yamaha a/v receiver will be come after 3 months.

But till now i would not go to HARMONY HOUSE at park street but i will definitely go , result will be post here.

i already go Yamaha Music Square at camac street, at present they sales only music instruments, i talked to them they said yamaha a/v receiver will be come after 3 months.

But till now i would not go to HARMONY HOUSE at park street but i will definitely go , result will be post here.

buddy

its nt dealer who provides warranty or smthing...

Its company whu do the same...
and all the AVR recivers, like Yamaha, Cambridge, Denon, etc comes with alteast one year warranty...

so tht the main point..

Hi,
I also want to have customized home theater system, preferably with an AV receiver and speakers so that its upgradeable. I am in Bangalore. Please advise. Budget is 35k max. Also please tell me where can I buy these in Bangalore.
Thanks,
Shailendra

Hi Shailendra,

If you want purchase receiver + speakers and later upgrade the speakers, i would suggest that you give importance for good receiver first. After allocating maximum budget to receiver we can allocate the rest to speakers.
Since you budget is only 35K, let us know if you need DTS HD and Dloby true HD decoders in the receiver. Both are for decoding latest surround formats from Dolby and DTS that comes with bluray discs. But there are not many source available currently.

Hence let us know the features that you are looking for in you receiver.

35K is good enough to start with a good hometheatre. Recently i purchased yamaha rx643, yamaha ns 8390 and yamaha nsp 60 for less than 35K in blore. But i cannot recommend this to you unless we know your exact requirements.

Thanks,
Prakash.

i again went to Japonica in sarat bose road (kolkata), then there shop owner said denon is better than Yamaha from the side of quality and technology but its complex than Yamaha and also they don't have any latest model so they recommend Denon AVR1909 & AVR1908.
they price Denon AVR1908 = Rs.28000 (5.1)
Denon AVR1909 = Rs.42000 (7.1)

In my opinion why should i buy AVR1909 in 42000.
in this money Cambridge Audio 340R 5.1 is also come in 36000.
but its AVR1909 its 7.1 & with true HD.

i again went to Japonica in sarat bose road (kolkata), then there shop owner said denon is better than Yamaha from the side of quality and technology but its complex than Yamaha and also they don't have any latest model so they recommend Denon AVR1909 & AVR1908.
they price Denon AVR1908 = Rs.28000 (5.1)
Denon AVR1909 = Rs.42000 (7.1)

In my opinion why should i buy AVR1909 in 42000.
in this money Cambridge Audio 340R 5.1 is also come in 36000.
but its AVR1909 its 7.1 & with true HD.

Buddy

just go by this quotation, in choosing the amplifier...

Prefer Yamaha = For movies only...(atleast 70% movies)
Prefer Cambridge = For Music only...(atleast 70% music)
Prefer Denon = For Balanced System...(50%movies-50%music)

now, when you are talking about the comparison between Cambridge-340R and Denon-1909, so buddy Cambridge-340R is thee strating series of Cambridge, not exactly good, is just a budget system...
where Denon-1909, is nothing but the revised model of Denon-2308...
so if u compare in that way than in any case Denon-1909 takes a lead...

Now coming to Yamaha, if you look at the models like 665 or 765 they are priced @ 45-60K...

So when u r comparing plz look into the technicalities, and the performance..

all these three amplifiers has there own pros and cons...

dear guys, as u say i went to HARMONY HOUSE , they have some models of A/V receiver like :
Yamaha RX-V361 = 22k
Yamaha RX-V461 = 21k
Yamaha RX-V661 = 47k
these three model are available with 1 year warranty , no 5 series receiver available.thay cant gave demo also.

then guys what should i do now, i go for denon or yamaha.which is the best both of them.

any way guys in some sites says Yamaha RX - 461 or 463 or 465 is same model as well as say HARMONY HOUSE.then RX-465 have Decoders for HD audio formats: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio so may be v461 have the same pls chk and say.

chk this out: "http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/av/pdfs/moreinfo/rxv465.pdf"

Last edited:
dear guys, as u say i went to HARMONY HOUSE , they have some models of A/V receiver like :
Yamaha RX-V361 = 22k
Yamaha RX-V461 = 21k
Yamaha RX-V661 = 47k
these three model are available with 1 year warranty , no 5 series receiver available.thay cant gave demo also.

then guys what should i do now, i go for denon or yamaha.which is the best both of them.

any way guys in some sites says Yamaha RX - 461 or 463 or 465 is same model as well as say HARMONY HOUSE.then RX-465 have Decoders for HD audio formats: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio so may be v461 have the same pls chk and say.

chk this out: "http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/av/pdfs/moreinfo/rxv465.pdf"

Buddy

Wt speaker are you planning to go in for...

If you want i can provide you Yamaha or Denon with the speakers, delivered & installed in there...through one of my person...

You let me know, the series you wanna go in for...whether 463 or 465... 461 is way too old...

mainly i wanna go for have Decoders for HD audio formats: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio thats give Yamaha 465 or Denon 1909, yamaha 465 cant available in harmony.Denon 1909 is around 40k its too much for me.

i wanna go for speaker polk audio.
if u can supply yamaha receiver then u tell where r u from.
whether Yamaha 465 is a new model according to their website.but where it will be available in kolkata, i dont know.any idea guys
There Denon give true HD but price too much for me.

Last edited:
mainly i wanna go for have Decoders for HD audio formats: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio thats give Yamaha 465 or Denon 1909, yamaha 465 cant available in harmony.Denon 1909 is around 40k its too much for me.

i wanna go for speaker polk audio.
if u can supply yamaha receiver then u tell where r u from.
whether Yamaha 465 is a new model according to their website.but where it will be available in kolkata, i dont know.any idea guys
There Denon give true HD but price too much for me.

Buddy

i am from Bangalore...
I can provide you the Yamaha-465 and Polk Speakers(which model)...???

i have a person in Kolkata, he is from same industry, will complete the installations...

Regardin my background and trust on products and all the forum members can brief you on that...

hi mridulgoel, can u give me his mobile no, i will contact him for Yamaha, is he work on yamaha.

hi mridulgoel, can u give me his mobile no, i will contact him for Yamaha, is he work on yamaha.

buddy

he doesnt work in for anythin in particular...

just the thing is i will supply him the material, and he will give that to u, and will do the installation n billing...thats it...

Tell me ur final budget...i will then suggest u wt u need to go in for...

dear mridulgoel, i cant deiced my budget its depends upon products.at first u tell what is price following products.

Yamaha RX-V565
Yamaha RX-V465
Yamaha RX-V665
Yamaha RX-V765
when i will know products price then i deiced.
also u tell what is difference between Yamaha RX-V / RX-Z / RX-N Series & HTR series.

also u tell what is difference between Yamaha RX-V / RX-Z / RX-N Series & HTR series.

Yamaha has this thing under FAQs.

What is the difference between the RX-V line and the HTR line AV receivers ?
There are many similarities between these two product lines. The RX-V line and the HTR line are produced in the same Yamaha factory using the same high quality parts throughout. The RX-V and equivalent HTR models have the same warranty periods; the same manufacturers suggested retail price, the same features, and the same remote control units. There is a cosmetic difference found on the front panels of these two lines. The RX-V line maintains the traditional white colored lettering normally found on most Yamaha components, while the HTR line provides a slightly different approach. Yamaha has created a new look by using gold colored lettering in selected areas on the HTR receiver series. However, both the RX-V line and the HTR line feature the same high quality black metal front panel construction. The amplifiers in the HTR and RX-V units are identical but rated differently to comply with the accepted measurement standards of their respective channels of distribution. Both ratings are FTC approved and are designed to handle the dynamics of today's audio and video sources. The RX-V line has the power amplifiers rated from 20-20000 Hz. The HTR line has the power amplifiers rated at 1000 Hz. Both lines can reproduce the full frequency response of 20-20000 Hz. The RX-V line is typically sold through Yamaha authorized audio/video specialty retailers, and is not available for mail order sales. The HTR line is sold through mass merchants, catalog retailers, and department stores. You may also purchase the HTR line through the mail. All transactions must be done through the authorized Yamaha dealer network. Any purchase made from an unauthorized dealer/retailer voids the Yamaha manufacturer's warranty.

Hope this helps!

nice explanation, thanks man.i plan for Yamaha but when i see two series then i am confuse, but bow clear.thanks dude.

but i want to know following model price.
Yamaha RX-V565
Yamaha RX-V465
Yamaha RX-V665
Yamaha RX-V765

all of these not available in kolkata or where it available i dont know.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back