Home Theater - Design and Speaker Placements Point

shrayv

Hi,

It's been a while since I posted. I am renovating my place and plan to convert one of the rooms to a home theater. I've attached the dimensions of the room.

I am looking for a 5.1 home theater and I am in the process of deciding the wiring.

What would be the ideal location and height of the speaker connections in the walls?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

1zya4vt.jpg

Cheers

Attachments

• Home_Theater.jpg
    Home_Theater.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Wire for 3 speakers on the front wall (left, centre, right) and a subwoofer at the middle of the front wall. If you can wire for another subwoofer at the middle of the back wall, that will be even better.

When it comes to seating, there are a couple of good locations that will result in smoother sound (smoother = fewer/smaller peaks & dips in the frequency response).

The first location is placing the listeners ears (NOT the back of the sofa) 30 inches from the back wall. If you do this, wire for a pair of surrounds in the back corners of the room.

The second location is a little better, but requires placing the listeners ears 50 inches from the back wall. If you do this, then wire for a pair of surrounds on the side walls, a couple feet away from the back wall.

Finally, if you do decide to place the listeners 50 inches from the back wall, you'll be a good candidate for a 7.1 speaker layout, with a pair of surrounds on the side walls and another pair of surrounds on the back wall. This will give you side-vs-rear separation in the surround field that you cannot get with a single pair of surrounds. Just something to think about.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back