Home Theater (Music Only)

I guess you are considering a stereo system for music. Home 'theater' can't be purely for music, some movie viewing is implied.

Now in 25k budget, you have the following options..
1. Active speakers, amp and speakers built together, eg taga intone 2.1 at 28k

2. Byford audio amp from hifimart at 15k plus speaker pair like taga Platinum s90 at 10k. This amp has Bluetooth but no DAC. So you can't connect digital sources to it without a DAC in between

3. Chinese DAC/AMP like smsl ad18 from AliExpress at 10k plus speaker pair. Here you can connect all digital sources directly

Home theatre implies movie watching at home. You can use it for music but that is not it's main purpose.
Purely for music you need a stereo setup with a player, amplifier and two speakers.
Active speakers are speakers with built in amplifier. At your budget you should also consider buying pre owned equipment. Lots of good and well maintained gear come up for sale on this forum.

Hello,

Could you suggest home theater for music purpose only(Budget 25k)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chandru

Based on the limited info you have provided....it seems you want to use the system for both....music and movies....if that is the case...entry level Pioneer and Yahama systems are available online or in certain electronic stores......25-27k onwards....

I strongly suggest you audition the systems and then make an informed decision to either go for a HT system or Stereo setup

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I am looking for home theater system(5.1 Channel) only to listen music not for movies. Presently am using Sony Home theater(5.1 Channel - Model: HCD-DZ10) pretty old one :).

I want DVD player with the speakers.

Regards,

Chandru

Marantz receivers are 'musical' comparing with other brands. Pair it with suitable speakers (based on the music you listen) e.x. wharfedale.

Well, it's your call, but music is recorded in stereo (2 channels). So, ideally, it should be heard in stereo. But go with what you think best suits your taste.

At 25k, 5.1 with DVD player...you will be looking at sony HTIB again, probably a more recent model. Don't think you will feel any upgrade in sound.

As most people suggested, go with stereo amp and 2.0 speakers for. You can add a DVD/universal disc player to that.

Hello All,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards,

Chandru

Have you decided on something? What did you buy?

A 5.1 system might not play all speakers when listening to music, hence look for an option which can split the channel to all speakers for a parallel stereo effect.

MaSh

I think the op wants an ambient listening experience, rather than imaging/soundstage kind of setup.

Hello,

Planning to buy Sony(HIGH-POWER HOME AUDIO SYSTEMS WITH BLUETOOTH®) any suggestion on it. Today will be visiting showroom for live demo.
Link: http://www.sony.co.in/electronics/hi-fi-systems/mhc-v50d/specifications
What is going to be the purpose of this? Is party hall or Karoke playing your requirement? If yes, then its great, however if you need it for the house then something as simple as a HiFi system like Sony MHC-ECL7D would do well for music listening compared to this unit. The next level from a HiFi would be separates (Speakers + Stereo Amp).

MaSh

What is going to be the purpose of this? Is party hall or Karoke playing your requirement? If yes, then its great, however if you need it for the house then something as simple as a HiFi system like Sony MHC-ECL7D would do well for music listening compared to this unit. The next level from a HiFi would be separates (Speakers + Stereo Amp).

MaSh
Hello,

I am not looking tape recorder like thing due to space concern I guess I need to increase my budget as of now I have postponed for couple of months.

Regards,

Chandru

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back