Home Theater Under 50k

I didnt want to spend anything more than 35k on a receiver, the marantz will set me back atleast 42k and that too would be the 1504 which is rated just 50 watts and i know the ratings of denon x1000 at 80 watts might not be true, realistic value would be around 60-65watts, but still the marantz is expensive and i had set a budget of only 75k so didnt want to spent even 1 rupee above that:D

I didnt want to spend anything more than 35k on a receiver, the marantz will set me back atleast 42k and that too would be the 1504 which is rated just 50 watts and i know the ratings of denon x1000 at 80 watts might not be true, realistic value would be around 60-65watts, but still the marantz is expensive and i had set a budget of only 75k so didnt want to spent even 1 rupee above that:D

Did you make a comparison with pioneer and Yamaha AVRs as well?

UPDATE!!!!!!
I went to fairdeal electronics in crawford market. I had a word with Mr. Imran and picked up the denon AVR-X500. Now i need to look for good speakers. I am a little inclined towards Jamo S426 HCS 3 Im getting the 5.0 package at a very attractive price. I am thinking of adding a good subwoofer later. Do you feel i will get a good 5.0 package for around 25k-30k. Also do you people suggest any 5.1 speaker package under 35k.
ABOUT THE AUDITION:
First he played me the pioneer vsx-523k reciever +
JBL CINEMA 610.
The sound was very bright to my ears. But I must say that the JBL Subwoofer was very good. The sats sounded okay but i did not like them so very much. Then next was:
HARMAN KARDON HKTS 5.
He played the same on this system and all i could say is that the hkts5 sats had a very good detail. But the sub was not so very powerful like the JBL.

Since I found the speakers very bright i asked if i could get a audition with the denon x-500 which many fm's say is very warm and punchy. But unfortunately he refused to pair it up with the JBL.

At fairdeal i could not manage to audition other brands as they all were above my budget.

Next I went to PROFX ATRIA MALL
There the first package i auditioned was the Denon AVR X-500 +
POLK AUDIO RM6750
Very good sound not too harsh on the ears. But again just like the Harman Kardon the sub did not impress me again.
Then I moved on to the HECO Ambient 5.1 hts they said that there is a special offer on this package. They offered the denon avr-x500 free with the heco speakers. Though for 65k i knew that the speakers are definately not worth that much.
He played the Heco + denon and again the subwoofer failed to impress me.
POLK AUDIO TSX-330+POLK TSX-150+POLK OWM 5+POLK PSW 110
Now this is what impressed me. The polk audio were marvelous and so composed. The PSW 110 had enough bass and i was really impressed. Now about the price. I had gone to profx with a budget of 50k and the speakers i liked were like about 58k without avr.

NOW I UNDERSTOOD THAT THE DENON X500 WAS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR AND FINALLY CALLED FAIRDEAL AND CRACKED THE DEAL. I BOUGHT THE DENON AVR-X500.

NOW I NEED HELP FOR THE SPEAKERS AND DO YOU GUYS FEEL THAT THE JBL CINEMA 610 WILL SOUND A LITTLE LESS BRIGHT THAN THE PIONEER AVR WITH MY DENON AVR-X500?
ALSO ANY VIEWS ON JAMO S426?

Note that this is the first time im going for a proper audition of home theater speakers. So maybe my review may not be proper but there is always a first time. And would like to know more about my review.
Thanks and sorry for the long post

y not try the Andrew Jones 5.0 for 35k , i guess you could get the dali sesors 1 floor standing pair for 35k(not 5.0 set)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back