Home Theater Under 50k

rayvonnee

I want to buy a new home theater for my room which is 20x15 ft. I am thinking of a basic avr, 5 speakers and a powered sub at least a 10incher. Can any one suggest me a good system for music:movies ratio 40:60. I have been in the forum looking at many FM's suggestion to newbies. I don't want to take the step by step upgrade route. After a very long time almost a year I have finally made up my mind to buy a Hts. I wanted a little feedback about BIC America Subwoofers. Saw them on avenue sound. Pricing is also good. Any suggestions are welcomed. I was previously looking at Indian brands speakers such as space, dnm,etc...but now considering the other brands. Please suggest places to audition as well. Hoping to receive a good response. Thanks very much!

If you want a fairly good system, go with Yamaha and Onkyo models suggested in the forum or Andrew jones speaker setup they are within your budget.I have heard good things about BIC F12.

Thanks I will check out the aj speakers but im a little bit afraid about buying pioneer speakers. any place where i can audition pioneer package. Also where can i audition ba soundware s? i have heard about the xs but not the soundware s!!

Soundware s is the bigger version of xs(read bigger drivers) even i am not that interested in pioneer speakers, bu the andrew jones package is in a different league, they are rater highly by almost everyone, do check them out if you have an option

I read through all the various valuable threads, shortlisted and auditioned the following...
Denon Sys 5.1, Harmon Kardon, Denon with Polk Rm6750, Onkyo 4505, Yamaha 299, Yamaha 375 with Boston XS 5.1, pioneer rs43, pioneer mk 823 and finally the Andrew Jones series. I settled for the AJ series but well that's my own choice.

I read through all the various valuable threads, shortlisted and auditioned the following...
Denon Sys 5.1, Harmon Kardon, Denon with Polk Rm6750, Onkyo 4505, Yamaha 299, Yamaha 375 with Boston XS 5.1, pioneer rs43, pioneer mk 823 and finally the Andrew Jones series. I settled for the AJ series but well that's my own choice.
Do you feel that I will get aj package with avr for below 50k???and hw much did you pay?

I doubt my budget will allow me to go in for the pio aj !!!! Anyway I had gone to profx today they told me that 8" sub will be sufficient for my room size (300sqft)......what do you guys think about it?? I think in my budget I can get a denon dht-x500 or denon avr x500+ Harman kardon hkts 5 or denon x500 + ba soundware xs 5.1? Will be auditioning it in this week!! Any suggestions??

the best thing would be get the AJ 5.0 setup with a receiver which should set you back by 60-62k( pioneer avrs's) then you could add a sub later on, the AJ's have sufficient bass, coz the fronts have 3 5.25 inch woofers which are rated 40hz- 200hz, so even if they don't that low you should be getting a response of atleast 60hz, which should be decent bass for music and movies as well, yes you wont get the earth shattering bass, but should be enough, and hey you can always add a sub (a bigger one :D) later on

Hello dpkarvind,

Even I am going through the auditions part, liked Harmon Kardon HKTS35 speaker package with Pioneer AVR.

I am also looking for a feedback on Andrew Jones series, now that you own one, can you help me with your views please.

Regards,
Girish

the best thing would be get the AJ 5.0 setup with a receiver which should set you back by 60-62k( pioneer avrs's) then you could add a sub later on, the AJ's have sufficient bass, coz the fronts have 3 5.25 inch woofers which are rated 40hz- 200hz, so even if they don't that low you should be getting a response of atleast 60hz, which should be decent bass for music and movies as well, yes you wont get the earth shattering bass, but should be enough, and hey you can always add a sub (a bigger one :D) later on
Problem is that I already have done the prewiring for satellites and since its not a dedicated room i do not have the place to accomodate FS. I was thinking of buying the ba soundware xs or the harman kardon hkts 5 for the speaker package. Will decide upon the reciever based on the choice of the speaker package. Reliance digital is offering the marantz nr1504+ ba xs for 49k How is the deal? Do you feel that there are any other speakers+avr i should go in for (satellite) Within my budget of 50k? I respect your suggestion Of the AJ speakers but presently do not have that kind of budget. So im looking to buy the whole package. And since i have still not entered the world of hts. Maybe i wont realise what you guyz trying to tell me. After my first hts. I may then after 2-3 years think of upgrading my subwoofer first and then gradually upgrade all components. thanks again

I today took the demo of the jamo s426 hcs 3 and liked it very much Im getting the package of jamo and denon avr-x500 combo for 49k. I will later add the subwoofer any views on the same? Any other fs 5.0 package that i will get for under 30k. I know that the suggested pioneer aj series also is there but apart from this do you have any other package in mind?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back