Looking to setup a 5.1.2 Home Theater in new home

gokufanboy2245

First of all hello to everyone who have stumbled upon this post.

As mentioned in the title, I am looking to setup a movie watching experience in my new home and i stumbled upon this forum while i was doing price checks on speakers. I do not have much knowledge of quality speaker brands but can judge sound fairly well.

I have a closed space of roughly 3.7m to 3.5m to work on. The room is on the fist floor of the building. No windows are being planned for now.

So, I approached a benq distributor in the area who also does home theater setups and they quoted me a total cost of approx 9L excluding acoustics. I also went to their office where i got to experience their demo setup as well as some other speaker options.

Some concerns that have been passed down by family members:
1. Easy to use - I do not want to be the only one capable of using the room. A setup which is just like turning on a TV would be best for the family.
2. The room should not feel intimidating - a dead silent room with all black rooms can be "suffocating" for parents.
3. The whole system should last long and be reliable - no constant bug fixing.
4. Not much sound leak - I want to be able to use the room at night as well. So minimizing the disturbances is a must!

What i got quoted:
  1. TRUAUDIO Speaker series -
    1. 3x GHT-66P
    2. 2x GHT-55P (front left right)
    3. 2x G72
    4. 2x REV 72 SUR (atmos)
  2. Dynavoice Magic MW-10B Subwoofer
  3. Denon AVC-X4700H AV Rec.
  4. Benq TK 700
  5. TRUVISION Acoustic Screen
They are charging extra for connectors, cables etc.

I know that they did not quote me a 5.1.2 system. I have asked them to revise and waiting on new quote :)

I want to know of the ways where i can reduce the cost of the room. Right now, i think its going to cost me upwards of 10L to make the room fully operational.

As far as seating is concerned, i am thinking of a U-shaped sofa layout with a serving table in front and mattress-like thing or chair in the rest of the area. Not looking for recliners in particular as they take up a lot of space. I have a pretty big family as is so i want the maximum seating space. Still, any suggestions are welcome.

I hope i am not doing anything wrong in the setup. I just want a basic theater like experience at home because we all rarely get go out to one as a family now. Also, i get to stream all the trending shows on the big screen 😄

Thanks to all in advance for helping.

As mentioned in the title, I am looking to setup a movie watching experience in my new home and i stumbled upon this forum while i was doing price checks on speakers. I do not have much knowledge of quality speaker brands but can judge sound fairly well.

I have a closed space of roughly 3.7m to 3.5m to work on. The room is on the fist floor of the building. No windows are being planned for now.

So, I approached a benq distributor in the area who also does home theater setups and they quoted me a total cost of approx 9L excluding acoustics. I also went to their office where i got to experience their demo setup as well as some other speaker options.

1. Easy to use - I do not want to be the only one capable of using the room. A setup which is just like turning on a TV would be best for the family.
2. The room should not feel intimidating - a dead silent room with all black rooms can be "suffocating" for parents.
4. Not much sound leak - I want to be able to use the room at night as well. So minimizing the disturbances is a must!

What i got quoted:
    1. 3x GHT-66P
    3. 2x G72
    4. 2x REV 72 SUR (atmos)
  4. Benq TK 700

I know that they did not quote me a 5.1.2 system. I have asked them to revise and waiting on new quote :)

I want to know of the ways where i can reduce the cost of the room. Right now, i think its going to cost me upwards of 10L to make the room fully operational.

As far as seating is concerned, i am thinking of a U-shaped sofa layout with a serving table in front and mattress-like thing or chair in the rest of the area. Not looking for recliners in particular as they take up a lot of space. I have a pretty big family as is so i want the maximum seating space. Still, any suggestions are welcome.

I hope i am not doing anything wrong in the setup. I just want a basic theater like experience at home because we all rarely get go out to one as a family now. Also, i get to stream all the trending shows on the big screen 😄

Welcome to the forum :)

As much as I'd like to chip in, I have absolutely no clue about the speakers you have been suggested and qouted. Tried googling same, and found that they are in-wall install speakers. So a good idea for preserving space, but apart from that I dont have a clue. And similar story with the subwoofer too, never heard the name. And even google cant seem to find much. Funny :)

And Iam not sure, if the rest of us here have heard of the above either. Maybe best to ask for a item wise cost break down. Then we can do a apples to apples comparison with what else is readily available, and popular on the market. And there are tons of options with that healthy budget that you have. I will not dive into suggestions at this juncture, atleast till we have a detailed price list.

And i hope others will chip in, in due time with their opinions of the projectors and the screens. It would be helpful to know where you are located, so folks from near by can suggest alternate setups and dealers to audition. All the best :)

Oh i do have the price breakdown for each of the items. I was not sure if i was supposed to mention them or not.
1698821683079.png1698821659040.png

I am afraid that i might be overspending for the type of experience that i want to have.

Hello,
As you are new to the AV system, I would like to suggest you to do some research regarding the basics of the AV systems, you can do by start watching youtube videos.
I would like to recommend one youtube channel which will definitely help you it's name is Tanmay Mehta.
I am sure more of the doubts will get clear.

Last edited:

What i got quoted:
    1. 3x GHT-66P
    3. 2x G72
    4. 2x REV 72 SUR (atmos)
  4. Benq TK 700

Hello!

I am currently planning a new home theatre setup and have come across a few questions I hope you guys can help me out with!

To start off I will give a bit of information as to the solution I am looking at and the room that the setup will be installed in.

The room is a basement that is a somewhat large room in size, but only parts will be used for the HiFi-setup, and unfortunately the ceiling height is rather low. The room is in total 851cm long and 403cm wide, while the space where the home theatre will be set up will be approx. 368cm long and 403cm wide. After the new ceiling is installed the height will be approx. 207cm. I have added a few Sketchup drawings to give a better perspective of the room.

The HiFi-setup I am looking at is as followed (5.1.2 setup for now):

• Front speakers: Dali Epicon 6
  • Center speaker: Dali Epicon Vokal (likely to keep my Dali Rubicon Vokal for a bit)
  • Surround speakers: Dali Rubicon LCR (I already have these)
  • Subwoofer: B&W DB1 (currently have this one, might add a second one over time)
  • Atmos speakers: See questions below
  • Electronics: Currently only have Yamaha RX-A2050, see questions below

As I mentioned earlier the ceiling height is rather low, and there will only be a depth of approx. 6cm for built in atmos speakers. The couch will also be tucked against the wall, so I will only be able to go for two atoms speakers because of this. With the ceiling height being what it is, I have been researching which options would be available for me locally (I live in Norway) and that would fit with such a low depth. The options are listed below, and I am wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with any of these for the use case as Atmos speakers? My local HiFi shop has recommended the Sonance speakers (these are actually the speakers with the lowest required depth, but all of the listed speakers should be viable with the space I have available to me):

• Sonance VP52R UTL
  • Monitor Audio CSS230
  • Klipsch SLM-3400-C
  • Klipsch SLM-5400-C

As for electronics I currently only have a Yamaha RX-A2050 surround receiver. With the setup I am looking at I am wondering which kind of setup would be suggested for both short and longer terms? I would rather plan for a long term setup and save up for the suggested receiver and/or amplifiers than go for a half-assed solution because of budget constraints, so if I were to buy anything I would like it to be something that will keep its place in the setup longterm (and that can be built on over time).

In general I also appreciate all advices and suggestions in regards to such a setup. It has been quite some time since I was able to prioritise my HiFi setup so really looking forward to getting back into the game! And please let me know if you need any more information to give better advices and answers!

Thanks in advance for all the help!

In which city are you located ?
Maybe I can help you find a good installer in your area.
Apologies for the delay. couldn't check the forum.

I am in Noida currently. I met this installer in the Pragati Maidan Build Expo last year. He has his office just a few sectors apart, which is why i decided to give them a try.

Hello!

I am currently planning a new home theatre setup and have come across a few questions I hope you guys can help me out with!

To start off I will give a bit of information as to the solution I am looking at and the room that the setup will be installed in.

The room is a basement that is a somewhat large room in size, but only parts will be used for the HiFi-setup, and unfortunately the ceiling height is rather low. The room is in total 851cm long and 403cm wide, while the space where the home theatre will be set up will be approx. 368cm long and 403cm wide. After the new ceiling is installed the height will be approx. 207cm. I have added a few Sketchup drawings to give a better perspective of the room.

The HiFi-setup I am looking at is as followed (5.1.2 setup for now):

• Front speakers: Dali Epicon 6
  • Center speaker: Dali Epicon Vokal (likely to keep my Dali Rubicon Vokal for a bit)
  • Surround speakers: Dali Rubicon LCR (I already have these)
  • Subwoofer: B&W DB1 (currently have this one, might add a second one over time)
  • Atmos speakers: See questions below
  • Electronics: Currently only have Yamaha RX-A2050, see questions below

As I mentioned earlier the ceiling height is rather low, and there will only be a depth of approx. 6cm for built in atmos speakers. The couch will also be tucked against the wall, so I will only be able to go for two atoms speakers because of this. With the ceiling height being what it is, I have been researching which options would be available for me locally (I live in Norway) and that would fit with such a low depth. The options are listed below, and I am wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with any of these for the use case as Atmos speakers? My local HiFi shop has recommended the Sonance speakers (these are actually the speakers with the lowest required depth, but all of the listed speakers should be viable with the space I have available to me):

• Sonance VP52R UTL
  • Monitor Audio CSS230
  • Klipsch SLM-3400-C
  • Klipsch SLM-5400-C

As for electronics I currently only have a Yamaha RX-A2050 surround receiver. With the setup I am looking at I am wondering which kind of setup would be suggested for both short and longer terms? I would rather plan for a long term setup and save up for the suggested receiver and/or amplifiers than go for a half-assed solution because of budget constraints, so if I were to buy anything I would like it to be something that will keep its place in the setup longterm (and that can be built on over time).

In general I also appreciate all advices and suggestions in regards to such a setup. It has been quite some time since I was able to prioritise my HiFi setup so really looking forward to getting back into the game! And please let me know if you need any more information to give better advices and answers!

Thanks in advance for all the help!
You can rather install height surrounds.
Instead of in ceiling speakers you can opt for speakers which can be mounted on ceiling brackets, this will give WAY better directionality ( read : tweeter pointing the MLP) when compared to in ceiling speakers.

Apologies for the delay. couldn't check the forum.

I am in Noida currently. I met this installer in the Pragati Maidan Build Expo last year. He has his office just a few sectors apart, which is why i decided to give them a try.
I can help with sourcing and installation of equipments. I do interiors as a hobby/part time work. Based in South Delhi. Let me know in case you need any help.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back