Home Theater Usage!

moserw

Hi,

I have an Onkyo HT3100 Home Theater used primarily for DVD/Divx movies. I am in the process of upgrading my music collection to 5.1 and I want some general information on how many hours can the Home Theater be used in a day/continuously since I plan to blast my music too through the Onkyo HT. The reason I am asking is because the Onkyo AV Receiver gets pretty hot and I want to be careful in not burning something in the AV Receiver or damaging it with wrong usage or excessive usage.

All replies and help will be very much appreciated.

Onkyo receivers do get hot because of their amplifier technology. You should be able to us it for 6 to 8 hours a day as long as the room is air conditioned. If you are going to 'blast' music for that long, I am sure you will start getting ear fatigue long before the Onkyo starts 'sparking'

Cheers

Onkyo receivers do get hot because of their amplifier technology. You should be able to us it for 6 to 8 hours a day as long as the room is air conditioned. If you are going to 'blast' music for that long, I am sure you will start getting ear fatigue long before the Onkyo starts 'sparking'

Cheers

Thanks Venkat,

I have AC in my room, but don't really use it for that long. ACs are only a must in the summer months in Hyderabad (from where I am). In case I am running a ceiling fan or the room is properly ventilated and cool, how long is the recommended usage?

Thanks for your prompt reply Venkat. Much appreciated.

I have AC in my room, but don't really use it for that long. ACs are only a must in the summer months in Hyderabad (from where I am). In case I am running a ceiling fan or the room is properly ventilated and cool, how long is the recommended usage?

This is very hard to explain. I guess you have to feel the amp every hour or so, and when it burns your hand, you shut it down. It is also possible that the amp will automatically trip when it gets too hot. See if the manual says what the max temperature is and take a rough guess at that.

You can also see if you can get a small cooler like they sell for laptops. This will be a flat thin box which will have one or more small fans inside. Keep this on top of the amp so that it increases the circulation. That way you can use the amp for a longer time. I know that Asus used to make one specially for amps.

Cheers

like venkat said , a cooler module you can use.look for external laptop cooler...comes with fans fitted....!

Back