home theatre help needed !

eshwar.kubsad

hey guys, help needed !!
im new to this page and currently residing in Bangalore. i want to set up a dedicated home theatre my budget is around 70k for the sound system,
im new to all these so which avr ,speakers and subwoofers should i go for?

model and make ??
and also i want a device which plays bdrip ,connects hdd , connect my phone through bluetooth

hey.. room size approx 16*10 feet . yeah i have heard about onkyo , yamaha , martnz and denon

Here are few pointers for you-
Home Theatre System

Amongst them Wharfedale Moviestar 65+ and Pioneer Andrew Jones are very popular. Search around the forum and you will get lots of views on these packages.

Amongst AV receivers, Denon and Yamaha are most popular. You have to go out and have to listen to as many system as possible. B'lore is pretty good place for that.

Another option is to start with a 2.1 or 3.1 setup. With your budget that will give you better quality setup and you can always add the surround as and when your pocket permits. This is most sensible IMO.

Denon AVR X1000- 38k approx
Or equivalent Marantz NR series.

Boston Acoustics soundware XS 5.1 - 22k approx
Or JBL cinema 500

Pioneer BDP 170 - 10k approx
Or panasonic bdt 230

I think this combination would rock your living room in your budget.

Denon AVR X1000- 38k approx
Or equivalent Marantz NR series.

Boston Acoustics soundware XS 5.1 - 22k approx
Or JBL cinema 500

Pioneer BDP 170 - 10k approx
Or panasonic bdt 230

I think this combination would rock your living room in your budget.

Hi,

Do you have personal experience with these combinations? If not, please don't suggest on guess work or on the basis of online reviews, as this will mislead the OP.

Hope you got my point and will agree on it in the right spirit.

Thanks!

hey guys, help needed !!
im new to this page and currently residing in Bangalore. i want to set up a dedicated home theatre my budget is around 70k for the sound system,
im new to all these so which avr ,speakers and subwoofers should i go for?

model and make ??
and also i want a device which plays bdrip ,connects hdd , connect my phone through bluetooth

Hi, Room Size is important and if your room size is less than 2000 cu Ft then you could get a reasonable system for your budget. if its higher than 2000 cu ft then you need to extend your budget. Assuming it's below 2000 cu ft, you could try the Denon AVR X500 as a good Receiver @ IRS 25000/-.
Now for the speakers I would like to suggest:
Step 1: Go for a 2.1 Setup: Polk TSX 220B ( Front) + Polk Powered Subwoofer PSW 125 ( Price: RS 20000 + Rs 24000)
Step 2: Next Budget 3.1 System: Add Polk TSX 250C (Center): Rs 20000/-
Step 3: Next Budget 5.1 System: Add Polk TSX 110B (Surrounds) : RS 14000/-

The TSX line has fairly good sensitivity of 90dB across the 5 Main speakers

Hi,

Do you have personal experience with these combinations? If not, please don't suggest on guess work or on the basis of online reviews, as this will mislead the OP.

Hope you got my point and will agree on it in the right spirit.

Thanks!

I have already suggested to my friend and installed a combo of AVR X1000 with JBL cinema 500 in a living rm approx 17ft x 10.5ft
with minor room corrections with ceiling and wall paneling. Additionally pair of bookshelf is installed in the adjascent terrace to the living for listening music.
The setup is well caliberated and sounding good to the expectations. Streaming music over AVR also gave fair results for the purpose and with the available budget. (Source used was BDP 160)

Suggestions for Polk also will work out well but the budget will have to be stretched a bit. Or as per FM's suggestions, need to be setup in phases.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back