• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

home theatre set up

Audiolab 6000CDT Dedicated CD Transport

nr2pr2007

hi
i would like to set up a home theatre with good quality speakers,dvd/cd player,amplifier etc(budget 1.5 lakh). suggest me the best. i am located in bangalore. consultants are welcome

unleash_me

DVD players

DENON UK | Home Audio Components
or
Marantz America | DV6001 Universal DVD Single Disc Player

AVR

Onkyo TX-SR605 - 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver | Model Information | Onkyo USA Home Theater Products

Speakers

Dali IkonSpeakers
or
View the 684 Theatre at Bowers & Wilkins - The World's leading Home Theatre Brand
or
Monitor Audio BR5 AV Your Speaker

You can even look into the HD-DVD/BluRay players in the market if you want to be future proof.

All the best.

Note: The above mentioned products are best in their own ways, take an audition yourself before making any decisions.

particleman

AV Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR875 (90,000)
Player: Marantz DV7001 (64,800)
Speakers: Monitor Audio BR5 AV (around 80k?)

That does exceed your budget a bit but that's some of the best equipment around at your mentioned price point. Do not buy a Blu-ray player right now as the specs are constantly updated and unless your manufacturer provides a firmware update (e.g. to support BD-J) you will be left behind. Best to wait.