Home theatre setup Cost saving Bangalore

Some do for passion, some do for money + passion, some only do for money.. If we are able to identify the right one, we will be safe.

If only for passion it will be an experiment, so if we choose money + passion it will be a good choice.:)

No one does business for pure passion. Everyone needs to eat. There may be some who are more passionate than other but doesn't mean they are not greedy.

No one does business for pure passion. Everyone needs to eat. There may be some who are more passionate than other but doesn't mean they are not greedy.
I think you feel that everyone out there is greedy..
You seem to generalise things .
Doing for money is one thing.. being greedy is another.

You understood wrongly about my mention about pure "passion"...They are not a business person. They are like ME, YOU or OTHERS in forum who gives advice out of their own experience and also many things learnt on reading on forum.. :) :)

I have seen a few dealers who clearly show their MRP price and the discount what they usually get from the distributors and clearly mention what they give it to us if we are serious. They have some passion about Electronics + intention to sell at the right price.

Last edited:
I think you feel that everyone out there is greedy..
You seem to generalise things .
Doing for money is one thing.. being greedy is another.

No not everyone but since we are on the topic, yes av installers are very greedy. I've seen multiple quotes from many of them for many relatives, I don't touch installers of course.

I generalize when appropriate and necessary.

Greedy is not about doing for money, rather it is a mindset, a thought process, perhaps even a general personality trait and av installers have it in my experience. I advise everyone reading to buy speakers/equipment from normal stores and install it yourself or just pay the installer for installation (if he agrees ;)).

You understood wrongly about my mention about pure "passion"...They are not a business person. They are like ME, YOU or OTHERS in forum who gives advice out of their own experience and also many things learnt on reading on forum.. :) :)

I have seen a few dealers who clearly show their MRP price and the discount what they usually get from the distributors and clearly mention what they give it to us if we are serious. They have some passion about Electronics + intention to sell at the right price.

Good to know.

Interesting you say dealers and not installers.

Good to know.

Interesting you say dealers and not installers.

There are very few which can be numbered who are pure installers who have certification from THX or Dolby.

In India never people give value or respect to the calibration separately, since they only rely on software like builtin Audyssey which helps a little bit to achieve.

So in this case only dealers/retailers are becoming installers for our Indian audio community, since all come as package..

Certified Installers like @prateekatasniya has to wait for a trusted audiophile/Videophile who wholly believe his recommendation on performance oriented system.

There are very few which can be numbered who are pure installers who have certification from THX or Dolby.

In India never people give value or respect to the calibration separately, since they only rely on software like builtin Audyssey which helps a little bit to achieve.

So in this case only dealers/retailers are becoming installers for our Indian audio community, since all come as package..

Certified Installers like @prateekatasniya has to wait for a trusted audiophile/Videophile who wholly believe his recommendation on performance oriented system.
I deal in various brands..
But I prefer to work as a installer.. because box selling is not my thing ( though it's relatively easy way to make money by selling at competitive prices without providing any kind of technical assistance)
And as far as prices are concerned..
A good installer can provide the best price to performance ratio possible for a budget..( there are rare exceptions where people do it by themselves and get decent results)
I have seen many cases where people try to save money but end up with below average results by doing the DIY way.. there are obvious exceptions here too.

There is a heart breaking story of a forum member who paid 22 lakhs to a dealer in Hyderabad who screwed his home theatre.
Happened last month..

So yes.. dealers with bad knowledge sell at lower prices and install with much lower knowledge.

@srinisundar is bang on with his statement

THX or dolby certification isn't worth anything, it might impress the newbies.

The people I am talking about are installers, they don't sell individual components and sell systems along with installation.

I see, so prateek is a commercial entity here with monetary interests. That makes sense why he opposed my views since he is an installer. Many of his posts make more sense now. Thanks for the information.

THX or dolby certification isn't worth anything, it might impress the newbies.

The people I am talking about are installers, they don't sell individual components and sell systems along with installation.
Seriously? You think THX and Dolby certification mean nothing? You think the technology developers are fools to offer such thing?

Music itself is a milk ... In Indian mythology, it is said Swan separate milk from water from a mixture of the two. So dolby and DTS milks the music with their inventions.:):)

Guys please leave it here for the interested people if you are not able to help the OP. I am sorry just i got away with the topic..

Thanks

Hello Guys,
I am in the process of setting up home theatre in a 17*24 room size. AV consultant gave me a quotation of around 25L-26L for electronics and acoustics which includes focal speakers (aria series) for 7.2.4 configuration,epson tw7100, 165 inch screen, quatrrocanali power amplifier ,marantz7015 with acoustics costing 10.5 L.
Any suggestions how i could bring costs down probably switching to different brand of speakers which could provide same feel as focal. Is Power amplifier costing 2.5 L necessary for this setup or Can I use a lower version of power amplifier ? Request your inputs please.
Dear Sunil where is the place i will help you on that , i will give you very good suggestion for your room size , according your budget all so , plz call me 9880026587

Hello Guys,
I am in the process of setting up home theatre in a 17*24 room size. AV consultant gave me a quotation of around 25L-26L for electronics and acoustics which includes focal speakers (aria series) for 7.2.4 configuration,epson tw7100, 165 inch screen, quatrrocanali power amplifier ,marantz7015 with acoustics costing 10.5 L.
Any suggestions how i could bring costs down probably switching to different brand of speakers which could provide same feel as focal. Is Power amplifier costing 2.5 L necessary for this setup or Can I use a lower version of power amplifier ? Request your inputs please.
You can start auditioning other speakers too instead of focal.
You may check wharfedale elysian 5 series , Sonus Faber (their high end speakers are expensive though) alternatives to Focal.
Power amplifier is mandatory for this setup in this budget which will give you crisp and clean sound. Check Emotiva Power Amps as well.

10.5L for Acoustics seems to be very high for acoustics treatment. Check with multiple dealers for the same. I think single/ double layered acoustic treatment is suffice that would cost less.

Also wisely choose the Sub - I think you may go with single 15" sub for your room size.
Check JL Audio , REL ,SVS ,Rythemic ..etc. (max 1.8 lakhs)

You can start auditioning other speakers too instead of focal.
You may check wharfedale elysian 5 series , Sonus Faber (their high end speakers are expensive though) alternatives to Focal.
Power amplifier is mandatory for this setup in this budget which will give you crisp and clean sound. Check Emotiva Power Amps as well.

10.5L for Acoustics seems to be very high for acoustics treatment. Check with multiple dealers for the same. I think single/ double layered acoustic treatment is suffice that would cost less.

Also wisely choose the Sub - I think you may go with single 15" sub for your room size.
Check JL Audio , REL ,SVS ,Rythemic ..etc. (max 1.8 lakhs)
+Also in this budget check with QSC - whether they have complete cinema installation for home.
QSC speakers are used in inox/PVR theaters. Where you get real cinematic experience.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back