Home Theatre Speakers - Which ones do you suggest?

Hi
I have only heard one PRO AC speaker. The studio 140 with a primare integrated amp+ Cdp and i liked the sound. The owner mentioned that they were hardly run in and that they would "open out" in time. My experience is limited with the brand as its not available here in mumbai.
Regards

The Dynaudio Audience series are extremely neutral speakers adding almost no character to the sound. This means they can be mistaken for cold or dull at first glance. The only "problem" (if you want to call it that) is they are fairly heavy loads to drive.

sid, havent heard any of those brands. but if you've narrowed it down to proac / 704 / cm7, the best thing is to listen to them. if possible take your amp with you when you go.

the sensitivity on the proac d15 is 88db - the marantz may have difficulty driving them. on the tritowers it is 90db so that shouldnt be an issue.

i've also heard that the infinity 336 is a good pair of speakers. havent heard them myself but through the grapevine.

sid in the end its up to what you personally like. go and listen

Thanks for the pointers there brother.

Yes GS20 is amongst the shortlisted ones. Shall spare an ear for them as well the week next.

Brgs

Thanks D bhai. Have u heard dynaudio though? X32 me be?

Hi Sid,
Yes very familiar with Dyna. Love the sound. Owned a contour 1.3 SE and was a real mistake to sell it. Extremely neutral, superb bass and big scale.

Sadly most of the newer ones are not as good. Heard the Audience 52 last year when a friend from the forum was debating between them and the cadence arita( all present in the room preferred the Dyna)

Actually i will buy a dyna sooner than later!!!

Please check out the Dynaudio in the budget and u wont be dissapointed.
Regards

you have a long life to go & play with your gadgets that you love most.
was just talking to Nanda saab and your name also came across.

On the contrary i got a polite scolding ..rather a pointer after about half an hour long conversation on phone with Nanda saab to stick with Dali as of now and talk about upgrades an year or more later.

So after the discussion with him & an afterthought. I may close the thread here and other webpages having reviews about many speakers that i shared in here including 704, cm7, dyna, monitors. Will re-open the chapter an year later.

Thanks once again to everyone who could contribute.

Sincere regards & Thanks :)

HAHAHA.
Yes i have had a few entertaining telephonic conversations with Nanda saab too. He is one of the many polite and humble bangloreans i have interacted with thru this forum.
Good luck with the amp Sid. Regards to Nandkumar and i hope he buys one too!!!!!
Regards

:D He is surely very warm a person indeed.

Besides pm15s1, he has his eyes on a Plinius &/or MF amp as well :D

And as for you ..pls let me know what are you getting bored with next in your kit :p ..so that i may book my ticket to Mumbai and pick the stuff while i sip a cup of cutting with you at Ballard. heh heh

brgs

Hi guys,
thanks Mr.dinyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar and siddaaaaaaaaaaaaaarth for your sweet words, Ihave manyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy amps in my mind, and i dont know which will be the lucky one. Hay din have you fallen in love with marantz 15si, do you still think this is the best amp for the price i can get to drive my quads.
once again thanks guys for the sweet words,
with best regards,
nanda kumar

You are most welcome nanda saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaab
Appreciate your guidance and support. Means a lot.

lol @ the lucky amp :D

Hi Nanda/sid,
U guys are most welcome for tea/bun maska(irani speciality) or whatever u guys desire when in bombay. No need to wait till i decide to swap something. I just hope i dont get tired of my set up too soon as my wife has had enough.
Nand i think its a very well built amplifier which does not get the credit it deserves. At the price that u guy s are getting it i doubt anything can beat it. Plus knowing how u like the music to sound its a perfect amplifier for U. Plus its brand new.
Regards

Dinyaar bhai, Nanda sir & Venkat sir.

Its been a while that i wrote in but finally i have the dedicated AV room up and going in the basement. Size is around 22 x 16ft. Shall be posting pictures in a while. Special thanks to you all for the guidance and help.

Finally the equipment list in the AV room is as follows now:

SPEAKERS
Front - Dali Ikon 6
Center - Dali Vokal 2
Side Surround - Wharfedale Diamond 8 DFS
Rear - Dali Ikon 1
Sub - Super Cube ii by Definitive Techologies

RACK
Stereo Amp - Marantz PM 15 S1
CDP - Marantz 6002

AVR - Denon 2309
Blue Ray - Panasonic BD30
Sony - Cheap VCD player

DISPLAY
Projector - Panasonic 200u
Screen - Liberty white Hi-gain 8 x 6 ft

MISC
Cable - Dali White wave & DAC for sub
Terminals/Plugs - DAC

Thanks so much once again friends.
Really appreciate all the effort & perseverance that you observed while sharing your experiences and info bits.

Kind regards
SID

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back