Home Theatre suggestion with LCD 40"

ashishkesarwani

Yesterday a friend of mine called me and asked me to help him with a home theatre setup with an LCD around a budget of 1.25L. Few of his requirements are:
1. He is more into music then movies and the ratio would be 70:30.
2. The setup would be put up in the drawing room area around 12ft x 18ft.

My suggestion has been:
Lcd Sony W series 40" as I have somebody working for Sony India so she is intitled to a 30% discount.
AVR around a budget of 36k for Denon 1910.
For Speakers he is also open to the used route but I suggested him to buy the FS first and then add the rest of the speakers later when his budget would permit.
For speakers I have suggested him with Either Jamo S series, Wharfedale 9.5 or Mission Speakers.
For the Source I would ask him to either buy a Blu Ray player from the likes of Panasonic from the US or a Cambridge Audio DVD player which would solve both his purpose Musically and movie wise.

Since he is looking at me to decide all his Home theatre needs so I am kinda open to suggestions from the members of this forum for a Setup based on the likes of above points.

its best that your friend listens to the set up before he buys it. for speakers the monitor audio bronze and the kef iq is good. another amp you can look at is the onkyo. i wouldnt suggest harman kardon amps as i personally dont like them for music. decide on the speakers and get an amp to match.

its best that your friend listens to the set up before he buys it. for speakers the monitor audio bronze and the kef iq is good. another amp you can look at is the onkyo. i wouldnt suggest harman kardon amps as i personally dont like them for music. decide on the speakers and get an amp to match.

Yes we would go for an audition before deciding on this. Also for Speakers Monitor Audio is out of the question as they don't have a dealer or distributer in New Delhi. About Onkyo...... since his options are more inclined towards music thats why the options left with me are either Marantz or Denon, HK is a great suggestion and we would defenitely consider it.

Yes we would go for an audition before deciding on this. Also for Speakers Monitor Audio is out of the question as they don't have a dealer or distributer in New Delhi. About Onkyo...... since his options are more inclined towards music thats why the options left with me are either Marantz or Denon, HK is a great suggestion and we would defenitely consider it.

i said no to hk since its imo not good for music. am not a fan of denon. marantz is good as well. i liked the kefs. pretty neutral and transparent

Thanks..... would keep your suggestions in mind. Kef is a good option, Which model nos. from Kef to audition in our budget of 25K for Front Speakers

Do try MS Avant series as well. This has been discontinued (or will be soon) and may be available at bargain prices, though not from the distributor. I recommend you to try Nakamitchi in Khan market. they seemed to have a good stock and normally have good deals running.

the IQ series floorstanders - IQ5's i think

sorry - not to good with the prices in india - but if im not mistaken the floorstanders are about 40k. you will get the bookshelves for that price ie 25k

Back