shwetanshu

Hello,

I am planning to buy this setup and slowly build on it later:

1) Pioneer VSX 832
2) FloorStanding speakers
a) Boston Acoustics A250
b) Mission LX3
c) TAGA Harmony F60 Platinum​

I tend to use the above setup for Music, Movies and Playstation.

Can you please advise if the above setup makes sense along with the preferred choice for speakers?

I am planning to buy the same from HifiMart

Hello,

I am planning to buy this setup and slowly build on it later:

1) Pioneer VSX 832
2) FloorStanding speakers
a) Boston Acoustics A250
b) Mission LX3
c) TAGA Harmony F60 Platinum​

I tend to use the above setup for Music, Movies and Playstation.

Can you please advise if the above setup makes sense along with the preferred choice for speakers?

I am planning to buy the same from HifiMart

It is really a good choice to build them slowly.

If you are looking for FS under the budget of 45k then you should definitely add Dali Zensor 5, Spektor 6, Wharfedale 230.

Have you listened any of the above combos that you mentioned?

Do check AVRs from Denon, Marantz & Yamaha as well. Just try to taste as much possible before buying them.:licklips:

All my research is based on online reviews. I didnt get chance to witness any of the setups that i have mentioned in real time. I searched web, twitter and fb for two months to zero on in this and then cross referenced the same with availabilty on HifiMart.

My budget is max 80k for the time being, so, if you could provide some alternate suggestions, that would be great too.

Among the three speakers that i have mentioned above, i am leaning towards Boston Acoustics, then Mission.

I did consider wharfedale 230, and it had great reviews all around but I was going over budget by 5k with my current choice of AVR.

I am ok with buying from ebay as well (if any trusted seller there) or if any offline store in Bangalore which provides all options at one place.

If you stretch the budget bit more you can get boston a360 speakers ,its have amazing sound quality , im very happy with the performance of this mighty speakers

All my research is based on online reviews. I didnt get chance to witness any of the setups that i have mentioned in real time. I searched web, twitter and fb for two months to zero on in this and then cross referenced the same with availabilty on HifiMart.

My budget is max 80k for the time being, so, if you could provide some alternate suggestions, that would be great too.

Among the three speakers that i have mentioned above, i am leaning towards Boston Acoustics, then Mission.

I did consider wharfedale 230, and it had great reviews all around but I was going over budget by 5k with my current choice of AVR.

I am ok with buying from ebay as well (if any trusted seller there) or if any offline store in Bangalore which provides all options at one place.

Hi,

If you are based in Delhi / Bengaluru, there are a lot of dealers around where you can audition first hand with your favourite music song / movie clip....and get some idea...

The speakers listed by you are good, besides Dalis ..which are good...Polks RTiA series is also good...visit a profx...

Yamaha avrs seem to be a good from a long term and customer service....i use Marantz brand for the past 6 years now and is a happy camper....in the past used all the rest of the available brands...

Bottom line, decide what are your connectivity and feature requirements in the AVR....if your requirements are quite basic...you can purchase an old flagship AVR model of Marantz / Denon / Yamaha and be very satisfied with its performance...

If budget is limited, you can look at pre owned options over OLX or For Sale by Owner....some like to upgrade and hence you will get good stuff for reasonable rates....

If you are not able to audition, rely on some YouTube videos which will provide some reference in decision making....

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have finally decided to go with VSX 832 and Wharfedale 230. Boston a360 are out of stock (asked 2-3 places).

Now i would like to know what all cables should i buy, i already own HDMI cables. Someone suggested this for speaker cable:
https://www.hifimart.com/soundfoundations-xp-gold-16awg-enhanced-speaker-cable.html

Is the above choice good? And would I be needing any other cable?

VSX series is not advisable for wharfedale speakers. My friend is having pioneer VSX series AVR. After listening to my Marantz SR 5008, he upgraded to Marantz.
So my advice is listen to them before you purchase.
All the best for your purchase

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

I have used Pioneer VSX 920k for like 3 years before moving to Denon x3000. It is really a good receiver, But I was able to see a significant change in the sound quality after upgrading to a Denon. If you are into pioneer then look for lx series which are considerably better than vsx and have a better sound quality if your budget permits. The Class D amplification in the Pioneers lx series are superior in performance.

Yes, i am planning to go over the weekend to listen to some stuff and then decide. Any AVRs suggestions for max 45k range? I want new only, not used ones.

Any inputs about the wire?

Recently I have purchased Boston Acoustic A360 from MZ Audio, Mumbai for very good price. They stock Boston Acoustic, Mission, Pioneer and Taga also. You may get good deal if you purchase all components from them. Whatever you have mentioned, I have audition all. I will suggest you with your budget just go for BA A360 and Pioneer VSX 1131 and rest buy as budget permit in future. Certainly you will have very good stereo listening experience.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Yes, i am planning to go over the weekend to listen to some stuff and then decide. Any AVRs suggestions for max 45k range? I want new only, not used ones.

You can look @ Pioneer VSX 932 7.2 AVR @ slightly over your budget - https://www.hifimart.com/pioneer-vsx-932-av-receiver.html?search=Pioneer&description=true

(Or) you can consider any last year 7.2 AVR models as FM @dr_rocket suggested.. You can get a good deal..

Don't limit your choices to a specific brand.. Grab on any good deal..

Any inputs about the wire?

https://www.amazon.in/AmazonBasics-14-Gauge-Speaker-wire-feet/dp/B01D5H8YNO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1507791513&sr=8-2&keywords=amazon+basics+speaker+wire

This should be sufficient even if you were to wire all your 7 speakers in future..

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back