Home theatre system at 75k

oswalakhil

Hi guys!
This is a small briefup from everything I've read/heard within my budget: Hope it Helps!
PS: Mainly Satellites/Small Bookshelves for a small room and space constraints!

I've been going round the city auditioning this week...I just thought I'll share some info, Sorry to create a new post but this was slightly different!

1) Subwoofers- upto and around 20k- Wharfedale SW150 is around 21k
Paradigm Cinema Sub around 20k- Both of these seem very very good!
JAMO sub 210 seems good for the price-16.5k
but I would choose the above 2 over it
JBL 140 sounded O.K., not that great but for 13k, its VFM

2) AVR- Due to Budget constraints I'm looking at Yamaha RX V471 and Denon 1312- The former being not easily available as they have shut production- But you can find it in some shops @ around 25k- seems the best option at this price!

3) I auditioned the 5.1 Wharfedale moviestar- maybe good for movies but it was way too bright for my liking- I wouldnt want to consider it..(35k i think?)

Def Tech ProCinema 600 is for around 65K here...it sounds quite good for small speakers!

ETC 5.1, very very highly acclaimed, went down as a miss maybe due to that particular piece, but after one bad experience its hard to see myself buying it from abroad

Krypton Audio's TL line seem a very good option- if I'm looking to upgrade from satellites at a decent budget they should sound great!

At the final verdict- If I can manage 5.0 speakers from abroad its going to be:

Polk Audio TL350 new 700$, slightly used 600$
or
Definitive Technology- Procinema 800 - new around 700$(5.0) or 4+ProCenter 1000-used-(750$)
Def Tech Procinema 1000-If I can get them- used- around 750$

SubWoofer- Paradigm Or Wharfedale SW150

AVR- Hopefully Yamaha RX V471

If I am buying the system here- probably
Pioneer SP PK 21BS- 38k
or QUAD 12L2 Bookshelf pair-32k with a center I havent decided, with old Philips Bookshelf to make 5.1

Hope this helps anyone who's looking to complete a system at around 75k!
Please throw in your opinions!

Marantz 1402/1403 better than Denon 1312!!! I would not suggest 1312, if you want to go with Denon then 1612 would be better but I would still go with Marantz.

Thanks!
So Marantz 1402 it Is!!
Before buying- I just have to know if Hifimart and Technoguru offer after sales service?
Or is the Marantz service center in Mumbai good enough?

Waiting to click on any site's buy it now :D :D :D

Thanks!
So Marantz 1402 it Is!!
Before buying- I just have to know if Hifimart and Technoguru offer after sales service?

The Marantz products listed on Hifimart are listed by the Official distributer os Marantz himself... So if u buy from Hifimart warranty wont be a problem... Service center will give full warranty... Dont know about technoguru...

Thanks!
So Marantz 1402 it Is!!

Have your shortlisted speakers/sub?

At the kind of budget you are looking for (and if you can extend a bit), and if you have a limitation of using Satellite speakers only(like me) then will suggest Quad L-ite.

As of now I'll connect my existing Philips bookshelves :)
Then I'll add on soon...

@oswalakhil... make sure that your philips bookshelvers are of 6 or 8 ohm impedance. Most of the recent AVRs work perfectly with 6/8 ohm speakers. If your philips speakers are of 4 ohm... then I think you need to think again. Because running a 4 ohm speaker with 6/8 ohm supported AVR is not recommended.

They're 6 ohm, thanks :)
Ordering Marantz from HifiMart...with DAC gauge 14 cables...that shouldn't be an issue right?

Are there any Harman Kardon-Infinity dealers in India?
the dealers listed on the site have stopped selling!

Are there any Harman Kardon-Infinity dealers in India?
the dealers listed on the site have stopped selling!

The Sound Factor in camp are dealers for JBL/HK and host of other brands. HK receivers sound more on the brighter side so keep that in mind.

Ordering the Marantz tomorrow...
I wanted Infinity to find out about the speakers :)

But I now have a different speaker setup in my mind ;)
Lets hope that works out :D

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back