Home Theatre under 50k

yanky1586

Hi Guys,

Just to give a background...I am getting my house constructed and thus planning to setup a good HT in my bedroom which will be primarily used for TV and Movies and sometimes games...

As I am completely noob and don't have any idea about various AVR's so I am posting here for the gurus to help me...

Requirement : A good HT with clear dialogues and Bass Rich Sound
Room Size : 16 x 11
LED : 40 inches(make tbd)
TV : TS or D2H DVR
Blu-Ray : Need help
AVR : Need Help
Speakers : Need Help

One of my fren would be coming from Dubai in a month or 2 and I can source a blu-ray or avr from there as after reading here, I found that there is considerable amount difference and moreover he can buy it in Dubai Shopping Festival.

So gurus looking forward for your suggestions......

Thanks for the suggestion subodh....also I need to know that do I need ceiling mounted speakers in my setup or not...

Also will it be a good idea to go for htib or shud I buy avr and speakers seperately..

YHT 299 is a great system, cost me 35K. For 50K you can get even better system. But YHT 299 is amazingly clear, it can produce very minute sound notes with clarity, the bass has substantial density and u can feel the thump even at low volumes. So unless u really want to go more pro, YHT 299 should be gr8 for a living room of moderate size.

Thanks skul82..do yoy have ceiling mounted speakers in ur setup ???

yes, the YAMAHA technician brings brackets with him (they are optional). It will cost you 450/- per bracket. These are swivel brackets so you can adjust the angle. He also had auto-stick wires, but i didn't get those as i dont have POP done.

So finally after searching and reading a lot I am zeroed down on Denon 1713...This is just based on reading online as demo possibilities are very less here in Delhi/NCR.

I have been quoted 28k for the AVR + shipping to my place at actuals. The next challenge is to find a speakers with good/heavy bass(Punjabi songs are full of bass)...

As seen in every other thread I have also increased by budget and now looking for good 5.1 speakers in range of 30k

Please help guys....

BASSSSSSSS ?? POLK/Wharfedale/MS Avianos.. a name to few.. American speakers are king of bass. Still not satisfied... bring SVS PB 13 Ultra to home when you have money & i bet it will bring your upper floor down. :p

BASSSSSSSS ?? POLK/Wharfedale/MS Avianos.. a name to few.. American speakers are king of bass. Still not satisfied... bring SVS PB 13 Ultra to home when you have money & i bet it will bring your upper floor down. :p

I am very keen to get wharf ms100 or dx1 but my budget doesn't allow....

Kindly suggest something in my budget and I can definately upgrade later..

Dont buy ms 100, instead try monitor audio vector which should come around 40-45 (better in quality and price). Upgrade ??? then what made you think about 5.1 now?? If bass is your only criteria, then buy an entry level avr (denon/pioneer) and settle with an entry level floor stander (polk tsi 300/400/wharf/MS etc which will be in your budget) and your are done. Yamaha & Marantz are warm avr's (doesnt mean that they lack bass) but pioneer & denon are attacking amp which will give you more oomph on bass..

Dont buy ms 100, instead try monitor audio vector which should come around 40-45 (better in quality and price). Upgrade ??? then what made you think about 5.1 now?? If bass is your only criteria, then buy an entry level avr (denon/pioneer) and settle with an entry level floor stander (polk tsi 300/400/wharf/MS etc which will be in your budget) and your are done. Yamaha & Marantz are warm avr's (doesnt mean that they lack bass) but pioneer & denon are attacking amp which will give you more oomph on bass..

Thanks for the suggestions but I believe that for room size of 16x11 Floor Stander may overkill and thats why started looking for a satellite 5.1 package. May be I have read so many threads also I dont kinda like Floor Standers as my room is not big enough and if I put fs in it its gonna look very clumsy...

Also I said that I would upgrade in future but that future is nowhere near :p

So now please tell me what should I do ....I am very confused...

Thanks for the suggestions but I believe that for room size of 16x11 Floor Stander may overkill and thats why started looking for a satellite 5.1 package. May be I have read so many threads also I dont kinda like Floor Standers as my room is not big enough and if I put fs in it its gonna look very clumsy...

Also I said that I would upgrade in future but that future is nowhere near :p

So now please tell me what should I do ....I am very confused...

Get any AVR from Dubai for 20K... Use your 30K for speakers... Sub+Sat combo might not be sufficient for your room size... You can look @ BS + Sub Combo...

You would be hard pressed to find any 5.1 speakers for 30K budget......

So until you save money, use the 30K to buy a pair pf BS + Center and if possible surrounds... You can buy Subwoofer later....

For speakers the cheapest by price are Sonodyne Sonus 1501 BS (12K), Polk TSx 100 (15K), PSB Alpha (Around 16K), Cambridge S30 (15K)...

If you choose any of the above speakers are your fronts, you need to chose the center also from the same family....

Surrounds & Subwoofer you can choose from any brand of your choice & budget...

@yanky1586

As you are from Ambala, you can easily visit Chandigarh/Mohali for demo:
You can check
Melody House Sector 35 for YAMAHA

GALAXY HIFI-Mohali - They have MARANTZ and WHARF setup (More also)

@yanky1586

As you are from Ambala, you can easily visit Chandigarh/Mohali for demo:
You can check
Melody House Sector 35 for YAMAHA

GALAXY HIFI-Mohali - They have MARANTZ and WHARF setup (More also)

Thans singh...

I read about Melody House but the feedbacks pushed me back...

I have now almost finalized denon 1713 and paradigm ct100 package and now looking for their demo..do you know someone who is selling these brands ??

Guys I have a new question now. I am trying to get HDMI cable running from my bedside to my TV(approx length 10m)..So, the question is that is this a good idea as I have read that 10m cable cannot provide 1080p until there is a booster used. The second problem is that I am not able to find out a wall plate for HDMI female connector

Please suggest options...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back