Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!
If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.
due you got some nice equipment and a beautiful daughter (how old is she? mine is 5 months and is the jewel of my eyes).
Just my 2cents here
1. Totally wrong placement of speakers and subs
2. No space between the wall and the front speakers (1 ft atleast)
3. Subs (i thought you had 2) place 1 directly below the screen and the other maybe of the right hand side (middle) of the room
4. Surround back and surround speakers - what is the height on them. What will you get out of them in terms of sound - loudness yes, effects no with DTS 5.1/7.1
5. Sound proofing & accousting treatment - if you are serious about hi-fi setup and have your won house (i have my stuff just like you in terms of sound treatment) - you can get something done in around 20k for the entire room.
6. With some much loose stuff lying around - there will be a lot of reverberation with 2 subs. Acoustics treatment is necessary.
Nice acoustic treatments ... where did you buy them ?
You have got good equipment and it seems that you have worked hard assembling the stuff. Congrats to you for the same.
I would like to give you my opinion regarding your setup. Please forgive me if you feel bad about my comments.
What is the size of your room? I am guessing the width of the room is around 8 feet. I feel your screen is too big as it leaves little room for your floor standers. You have enough room between your center speaker and your subs. You can move your sub a little closer to the center speaker and then you may toe-in your front speakers. Try this set-up and see if you like it. Doesn't cost you anything to try?
Also, if at a later stage you feel your screen is too big, then you can get it cut ( retain the black borders, u may stick them later) and make yourself a fixed frame screen with nice teak wood frame. I see you have got great stand mounts made for your surround speakers.
The rear back surround speakers are too close to the main Sofa. I cannot estimate the distance between the sofa and rear wall, but it seems it is not much. I am not sure if they are alighned to the main listening position-rear sofa. Does the sound from these speakers travel above listening postion? Does it hit the listener at all?
Can you please mention the deatils of your equipment?
Bought it from the united states and got it shipped .... Maybe if you mail them they can send it to you direct from china should be easier to ship from there.