home theatre

manu4panjab

07012009472.jpg

more pics later:)

Last edited:
my front view (u can also see onkyo's old 10 inch subwoofer on right side which is in black color but it is now replace with another polk 12 inches psw 125 subwoofer :clapping::cool:) it's an old pic so that's why that old onkyo sub is there :mad:
13052009723.jpg

centre channel speaker
13052009724.jpg

polk tsi 400
13052009726.jpg

two polk psw 125 subs (picture of left one)
13052009727.jpg

rear view where i sit and also those colorful clothes are not only for design but also work as diffusors filled them with different size of acoustic foam (u can see two polk tsi 200 bookshelves and two onkyo rear surrounds which are now replace by two other polk tsi 200 bookshelves speakers :cool:)

13052009728.jpg

sony vpl aw 15 projector,xbox 360,samsung dvd player ,and old onkyo av receiver that comes with 5100 htib(still can't decide which av receiver to buy in future onkyo,denon etc etc)
13052009729.jpg

closer view of polk tsi 200 bookshelf suuround speakers
13052009732.jpg

my centre table where i hide all my movies,xbox 360 games ,etc etc :cool:
13052009734.jpg

here when it opens :clapping:

13052009736.jpg

close view of my dvds xbox 360 games etc etc :cool:
13052009735.jpg

acoustic treatment
13052009737.jpg

Last edited:
hope you guys like my home theatre

bass traps
13052009739.jpg

close view of optoma panoview screen 120 inches 16:9 :eek:hyeah:
13052009738.jpg

some more acoustic treatment
13052009741.jpg

my daughter mannat :clapping::yahoo::sos::signthankspin:god
08102008120.jpg

pics of her now (sorry for quality taken by nokia n95 :cool:)
21042009695.jpg

lastly me with my wife pooja :cool::clapping::eek:hyeah:
20122008281.jpg

due you got some nice equipment and a beautiful daughter (how old is she? mine is 5 months and is the jewel of my eyes).

Just my 2cents here

1. Totally wrong placement of speakers and subs
2. No space between the wall and the front speakers (1 ft atleast)
3. Subs (i thought you had 2) place 1 directly below the screen and the other maybe of the right hand side (middle) of the room
4. Surround back and surround speakers - what is the height on them. What will you get out of them in terms of sound - loudness yes, effects no with DTS 5.1/7.1
5. Sound proofing & accousting treatment - if you are serious about hi-fi setup and have your won house (i have my stuff just like you in terms of sound treatment) - you can get something done in around 20k for the entire room.
6. With some much loose stuff lying around - there will be a lot of reverberation with 2 subs. Acoustics treatment is necessary.

Cheers
Supra

due you got some nice equipment and a beautiful daughter (how old is she? mine is 5 months and is the jewel of my eyes).

Just my 2cents here

1. Totally wrong placement of speakers and subs
2. No space between the wall and the front speakers (1 ft atleast)
3. Subs (i thought you had 2) place 1 directly below the screen and the other maybe of the right hand side (middle) of the room
4. Surround back and surround speakers - what is the height on them. What will you get out of them in terms of sound - loudness yes, effects no with DTS 5.1/7.1
5. Sound proofing & accousting treatment - if you are serious about hi-fi setup and have your won house (i have my stuff just like you in terms of sound treatment) - you can get something done in around 20k for the entire room.
6. With some much loose stuff lying around - there will be a lot of reverberation with 2 subs. Acoustics treatment is necessary.

Cheers
Supra

hey brother my daughter is now 6 months old
number 1 :- you said front speakers 1 feet space but brother they are down ported so you can't loose sound quality as compareto rear ported floorstanders

number 2 as for subs i have 2 polk psw 125 subs the pic you saw here is old
and also i place them in left and right order and place them each at 18 inches away from side wall and 6 inches away from back wall actually why i place them here is because i have test that crawl method for subwoofer placement and these two placement work like superb for my home theatre room

number three :- hieght of surrounds are like 5 feet above the ground usually where i sit it puts them 2 feet above my ears and about that effect or loudness you said i'm totally got all the surrounds effect with 7.1 speakers in dplIIX mode

number 4:- i know i don't have much acoustic treatment but for now its sufficient and i don't loose any sound even at low volume and i olso use bass traps in every corner including walls and ceiling

:cool::signthankspin:

Nice acoustic treatments ... where did you buy them ?

they are just normal foams in different size and i buy them from where you buy all you bed mattress etc etc

i have 1 inches and 2 inches and 4 inch foams for my side walls treatment and bass traps and diffusers

i put they in this order high mid high mid fashion
like 1 inch foam for higher frequencies and 2 inch foam for mid frequencies
and 4 inch foam for bass traps

and also i cut 1 inch and 2 inch foam in different sizes and structure for my rear wall acoustic treatment act as diffuser which helps in maintaining lively sound
:cool::clapping:

Hey Manu!!

You have got good equipment and it seems that you have worked hard assembling the stuff. Congrats to you for the same.

I would like to give you my opinion regarding your setup. Please forgive me if you feel bad about my comments.

What is the size of your room? I am guessing the width of the room is around 8 feet. I feel your screen is too big as it leaves little room for your floor standers. You have enough room between your center speaker and your subs. You can move your sub a little closer to the center speaker and then you may toe-in your front speakers. Try this set-up and see if you like it. Doesn't cost you anything to try?:)

Also, if at a later stage you feel your screen is too big, then you can get it cut ( retain the black borders, u may stick them later) and make yourself a fixed frame screen with nice teak wood frame. I see you have got great stand mounts made for your surround speakers.

The rear back surround speakers are too close to the main Sofa. I cannot estimate the distance between the sofa and rear wall, but it seems it is not much. I am not sure if they are alighned to the main listening position-rear sofa. Does the sound from these speakers travel above listening postion? Does it hit the listener at all?

Can you please mention the deatils of your equipment?

Thanks.

Sumit

Hey Manu!!

You have got good equipment and it seems that you have worked hard assembling the stuff. Congrats to you for the same.

I would like to give you my opinion regarding your setup. Please forgive me if you feel bad about my comments.

What is the size of your room? I am guessing the width of the room is around 8 feet. I feel your screen is too big as it leaves little room for your floor standers. You have enough room between your center speaker and your subs. You can move your sub a little closer to the center speaker and then you may toe-in your front speakers. Try this set-up and see if you like it. Doesn't cost you anything to try?:)

Also, if at a later stage you feel your screen is too big, then you can get it cut ( retain the black borders, u may stick them later) and make yourself a fixed frame screen with nice teak wood frame. I see you have got great stand mounts made for your surround speakers.

The rear back surround speakers are too close to the main Sofa. I cannot estimate the distance between the sofa and rear wall, but it seems it is not much. I am not sure if they are alighned to the main listening position-rear sofa. Does the sound from these speakers travel above listening postion? Does it hit the listener at all?

Can you please mention the deatils of your equipment?

Thanks.

Sumit

hey i don't mind at all :cool:
my screen is not big for my viewing i sit at 19 feet away from it at that distance my eyes feel comfortable ,i also toe-in my front speakers and about the rear surrounds they are like 3 feet from mine listening position in height though and all my speakers etting are done by audyssey auto set up calibration mic so i get all the surrounds sounds at listening position and subwoofers sounds great at that position if i move them any closer i loose bass depth ;)
mine room dimensions are 12 feet wide 20 feet long and 10 feet high

details of mine equipment:-

polk tsi 400 floorstanders 200 watts max
polk cs20 centre channel speakers 150 watts max
4 polk tsi 200 bookshelves for surround sound 150 watts max each
onkyo av receiver that comes with 5100 htib
xbox 360
samsung 720p upconverting dvd player
sony vpl aw 15 720p lcd projector
optoma panoview 120 inch screen 16:9
2 polk psw 125 subs 300 watts max each

:yahoo::clapping:

Last edited:
hey brother forget to ask where you buy emotiva amps from i too wanna buy one :sad:

Bought it from the united states and got it shipped .... Maybe if you mail them they can send it to you direct from china should be easier to ship from there.

Bought it from the united states and got it shipped .... Maybe if you mail them they can send it to you direct from china should be easier to ship from there.

:signthankspin:

and can you please tell me which model do you have i was looking for xpa-3 for my fronts and centre

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back