Hot Audio Dac Straight v/s Fubar 2 : USB DAC

can you please send me the ebay link?
I am not a modder - I just keep getting ideas for mods but I don't even know how to solder :)

How about this one? It can't get simpler than this!

dac_whole.png

Devilsound USB DAC Interconnect. A decent review is also there to boot.

Cheers.

Oh there's also the new Caiman (Click the Caiman link from left-hand bottom) from Beresford. Its been discussed a lot these days in similar forums.

TC-7520SE%20Caiman%20F.jpg

Excerpts from the site:

What you get for your money

1. WM8716 - 64x, 192KHz oversampling DAC chip. The majority of high-end consumer DAC chips are only 8x oversampling types. The Caiman DAC chip is only matched or surpassed by the DSP based DAC chips. As far as we know, the Caiman is the first and only DAC that makes sole use of the latest 64x oversampling technology in an affordable consumer aimed product.
2. Digital Filter Circuit. There has been much debate as to how much damage is done to the audio signal by the various analogue filtering networks that are found in a DAC. The new 64x oversampling technology used in the Beresford Caiman relies instead on a digital filter. This makes the Caiman the less prone to anti alaiasing filter residues and noise.
3. LM4562NA - Recording Studio specification audio operational amplifiers. The 64x oversampling technology requires a far higher slew rate from the audio chips in the signal path if the extra speed, detail, and accuracy of the decoded signal is to be maintained at the RCA/PHONO and headphone socket output of the Caiman. THD + N figures are a mere 0.00003%.
4. Class-A headphone amplifier circuit. The new generations of high-end headphones have up to now only been able to operate properly on expensive stand-alone headphone amplifiers. The Caiman inbuilt headphone amplifier is designed to drive even the latest range of high-end headphones and reproduce musical detail that these new headphones are capable of.
5. PCM2902 - Latest generation USB input with professional performance levels that finally brings USB audio into mainstream HIFI audio applications. Several times better performance compared to the level entry PCM2702 that is commony found in a large number of USB capable Digital to Analogue Converters.

Will cost approximately 200 GBP

Cheers.

any idea how to get the devil sounds usb dac delivered to India? Price?
200 gbp is 16k. While the dac kit I am getting is for 5k. Let us see how the gamble plays off. Plus I wanted to redo the output stage with my lyrita pre, so a kit is better suited.

regards

External power is usualy safer than bus power, at least from a sonic point of view. The PCM2702 sounds unreasonably good (I just sold my last remaining piece, with external power pack) for what it costs. I think Keces makes a maxed-out DAC based on the 2702 as well.

Just doing some research on the KECES DAC 151 which is their usb only dac based burrbrown pcm2702 with LME49710 opamp. The reviews seem to be really great. At head-fi almost each user in the thread has mentioned how good this dac is.

What is your personal opinion cranky is it worth the $300 ?
should i wait and collect funds to buy this over the $150 fubar 2 ?

Just doing some research on the KECES DAC 151 which is their usb only dac based burrbrown pcm2702 with LME49710 opamp. The reviews seem to be really great. At head-fi almost each user in the thread has mentioned how good this dac is.

What is your personal opinion cranky is it worth the $300 ?
should i wait and collect funds to buy this over the $150 fubar 2 ?

hey audiodelic,was thinkin of goin in for this same dac.the da-151 is not available now,they have an improved da-151 mk2.like u said,user reviews are quite exemplary.cheers

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back