Hotstar via chrome cast vs fire tv stick 4k

Ahh Okay, Thanks. The sound is quite good even in Stereo mode.

MaSh
Yeah that's what i felt. Specially when watching Hollywood movies or shows if I select the dts neo 6 mode on my avr. The sound processing from stereo source format to multichannels of Hollywood movies/shows is quite good but cannot say the same for Indian content

Fire stick is better. I had bought Chromecast first but it doesn't have Amazon prime, though u can mirror cast it but the quality is not good also I faced many connectivity issues with Chromecast and i feel it is tedious to cast videos. Got fire stick a couple of weeks ago and it runs smoothly and you can also download YouTube app through apk. So IMO fire stick is better than Chromecast

Could you help with steps for loading YouTube app /api on fire stick 4k?

btw official twitter app of Hotstar has tweeted that App has been submitted to LG sometime last month, and LG is doing final testing, expect the app to launch before IPL.

btw official twitter app of Hotstar has tweeted that App has been submitted to LG sometime last month, and LG is doing final testing, expect the app to launch before IPL.
If true that will be a bonus for LG TV owners.
Cheers,
Raghu

I use Chromecast as I mainly watch Netflix, Hotstar and YouTube.
I don’t really like the content on Amazon Prime. But I did watch Made In Heaven and Marvellous Mrs Maisel (both are good) by connecting my laptop to the TV as my chromecast doesn’t cast Amazon Prime Video.
Chromecast is also very easy to use. You can use your phone to cast most of the things, even Spotify!
With fire stick, you have to use the remote and use the joystick to type on an on screen keyboard. It’s a pain when you’re drunk. A friend of mine has fire stick and his place is our drinking place too. It’s a pain in the rear to operate when intoxocated.
Sure, it has a voice controlled remote but it then depends on how safe you feel when Jeff Bezos’ minions are listening to you at all times.

It seems that soon Amazon Prime Video would also be available for casting via chromecast.

For what it's worth. I use a fire tv stick for my family for our desi content. And I use a roku uhd for Netflix for my Hollywood fix. Apart from Netflix, the only other app i use on the roku is a "my music" app, which streames music from my Nas in a different room to my HT setup. Apart from the Netflix and this music app, the roku is pretty useless in an Indian environment, as it's channels cater to a largely American taste. But I do find it's Netflix performance outstanding , way better audio and picture quality than the chrome cast or fire tv stick. For a humble asking price of USD around 130 usd it is a good buy. But if one can stretch a bit more, I have been told the Nvidia shield out performs it too, though I've never tried it myself..

Well finally the YouTube app is available for firestick and casting to chromecast is enabled in the Prime Video app/website making both devices more complete. Depends on whoever likes whichever device.

May I know how do you connect your external HDD to Firestick ?

Edit: Nevermind.. Figured it out.
Can you please let me know how you were able to connect your HDD to Firestick? I tried it through an OTG cable but it is not even recognizing a USB pen drive. Thanks.

Hi all today received a call from Hotstar representative who wanted to connect with other Hotstar users if they are facing any issues and how to further improve their services. Well if some of the members who are interested in sharing their feedback directly can send me their no which I will forward whenever I receive another call. Further, issues can also be posted here so we can tell the rep about the same when he calls.

Today I pointed out

Multi channel Audio
Some suggestions based on my search criteria
Some more documentary content
How to switch quickly between live streaming (sports) content
Download restrictions are not fair
Issues in Video Quality though it is been rare these days

I generally use Hotstar on my FireTV Stick and watch it on big screen.

Hi all today received a call from Hotstar representative who wanted to connect with other Hotstar users if they are facing any issues and how to further improve their services. Well if some of the members who are interested in sharing their feedback directly can send me their no which I will forward whenever I receive another call. Further, issues can also be posted here so we can tell the rep about the same when he calls.

Today I pointed out

Multi channel Audio

Hi, I found issues with live streaming especially sports, buffering forever and poor video quality. I do have a steady 50 Mbps FTTH connection. Also, multichannel audio is a must for at least premium subscribers. Thanks

Please eloberate
There are some Y splitter cable available with OTG and Charging function in Amazon. You can connect small pen drives. But not sure about hard disk. And it's not worth the hassle. The cables are cheap and flimsy too.

Hello friends,
Recently I bought Lg OLED c8 65 inch tv,which does not have inbuilt Hotstar app.I am a fan of Game of throwns.
Please suggest a better way to watch Hotstar.Google chromecast 3 or amazon fire tv stick 4k.
Have the same TV as you but hotstar was already installed in my TV and works like a charm. you may need to go to apps store in your TV and install it from there.

Today I pointed out

Multi channel Audio

Poor quality of live streaming of sports. Picture is not true full hd and more importantly frame rate is not smooth enough and not at par with dth. Even illegal streams have better pik quality than hotstar.

The most upsetting thing about Hotstar apart from its low picture quality is its stereo 2 channel sound. After investing so much on equipment if the source is of so poor quality, it is really annoying. The most sad news is that now they have confirmed that they will be bringing Disney plus content in India. Forget Dolby vision and Atmos, we won't be able to get decent picture and sound quality of all the content that Disney plus is providing.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back