Hours usage, burn in and other complaints wrt OLED TVs

Donivlapog

Please mention the hours of usage so far and if you encountered burn ins or other complaints about your OLED TV and if possible the year and month of purchase or how old it is so far.

My LG CX 65 TV was bought on 04/04/21, and so far the running time shows 3356!! I wonder if it is because i dont switch off the mains and switch off through remote alone (average 8 hours a dsy is not substantiated otherwise). There are no issues so far with the TV set but the remote is not recognising voice controls recently. No other complaints.

My c9 had more then 1000 dead pixels within 1000 hours of usage in just 2 years. Panel was replaced by LG. But I have two other issues which lg can’t solve. One is the tester glows which LG disregarded the complaint as normal. Next is the tv is causing the PA,speakers to hum. The PA transformer screams loud like a motor and vibrates when the tv is switched on. LG did replace the power supply board but no changes. I had to get an isolation transformer and connect my audio gears alone to the transformer to isolate this issue. Even if the tv powechord comes close to the speaker wires the speakers start to hum.

My c9 had more then 1000 dead pixels within 1000 hours of usage in just 2 years. Panel was replaced by LG. But I have two other issues which lg can’t solve. One is the tester glows which LG disregarded the complaint as normal. Next is the tv is causing the PA,speakers to hum. The PA transformer screams loud like a motor and vibrates when the tv is switched on. LG did replace the power supply board but no changes. I had to get an isolation transformer and connect my audio gears alone to the transformer to isolate this issue. Even if the tv powechord comes close to the speaker wires the speakers start to hum.
Some electro magnetic flux i think. You encounter same problem with other TVs?

Two times my sons switched off the main when i had put it on screen off power saver mode. Hope it does not mess with my TV. It is going to vivid mode by default instead of filmmaker mode. Maybe after a couple of times in filmmaker mode it will take that by default.

Hello all, My LG CX is being used by my sons now a days for their newfound interest in Korean series. They turn power saver off and watch them on vivid mode. It is super duper bright now. (I use film maker mode with power-savings set to medium). A long time back a discussion was going on here that it will decrease the life of the panel if in vivid with no power savings. Will it? even if it is run in that mode for 3 hours a day only,?

I've a LG CX 65. I have a cluster of dead pixels in the top left corner and some dead pixels around the edges. No dead pixels in the major display area. Should I be concerned?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back