oled tv (also) used a computer screen - burn-in?

jonnn

Hi,

I'm looking for a new TV. I would like to buy an LG Oled TV. The only thing thats stopping me is that i sometimes like to use my TV to do normal computer stuff, e.g. working on documents in words, looking up things on the internet, reading something online etc. (reason is btw that i can then do some work while comfortably lying down)
Anyways, besides that i mainly want to use the tv for watching movies and tv shows. Maybe i will play the occasional game but this is negligible.

Do i have to worry about burn-in with this kind of usage?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

I recently bought 42C3. So assume you would be going with similar OLED tvs considering the Price to value.
Although LG C2/3 42/48 in are advertised as good monitors. I hope you are aware pros and cons before using as monitor.

Pros:
  • Use as TV and monitor.
  • Perfect contrast ratio
  • Amazing HDMI 2.1 support.
  • Enjoy support of all formats viz. HDR, HLG, dolby vision/ atmos.
Cons:
  • Highly reflective screen.
  • No single cable solution possible (USB c with pd is a bliss)
  • The 42 in size could be too much overwhelming for some..
  • Need to have specialized des atleast 3 feet or 32inches min
For burn in, no matter how advanced the panel gets it is very difficult to quote on if it will have burn in isssues. But please follow basic methods to avoid burn in, viz. auto hide address bar for windows, change icons positions, use lower constrast icons etc. Do not keep same text/ logo on screen for 7/8 hours!

Goodluck.
Dm if u wana talk about something specific.

thanks! if another question comes up, i will ask

however, right now im leaning toward qled since oled seems such a bother to me. also, i like to watch movies with subtitles which again is another thing that would worry me with an oled

Hi,

I'm looking for a new TV. I would like to buy an LG Oled TV. The only thing thats stopping me is that i sometimes like to use my TV to do normal computer stuff, e.g. working on documents in words, looking up things on the internet, reading something online etc. (reason is btw that i can then do some work while comfortably lying down)
Anyways, besides that i mainly want to use the tv for watching movies and tv shows. Maybe i will play the occasional game but this is negligible.

Do i have to worry about burn-in with this kind of usage?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
I've used an LG G1 65 inch as a computer screen (viewing distance is approx 8- 10 feet) with a fair bit of videos having subtitles - approx 10,000 hours over 3 years with no burn in :)

Use dynamic screensavers as a monitor that changes position, just in case you have the habit of leaving static screen for long. In TV mode, the screensaver will change positions automaticslly anyways.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back