New TV advice

xewecan

Hello everyone.

I am looking to get a new TV. I'm planning on getting a 65". I have looked at a million reviews etc and everyone seems to have a different opinion.

I am thinking I want to go with a mini QLED. I am leaning toward an LG either series 85 or 90. I have a older SONY 55" X850D LED that I don't like that much.

It constantly reboots and the smart features which I never use crash all the time locking u my screen. I have a couple questions.

Is there any reason to get an 8k TV? Also, how does LG's QNED match up against Samsung Neo mini QLED.

I looked at OLED TV but decided that the flaws in the technology wouldn't fit my need.

I don't upgrade frequently so not sure I want a TV that has screen degradation as I have read.

I have had the SONY for 7 years.

Hello everyone.

I am looking to get a new TV. I'm planning on getting a 65". I have looked at a million reviews etc and everyone seems to have a different opinion.

I am thinking I want to go with a mini QLED. I am leaning toward an LG either series 85 or 90. I have a older SONY 55" X850D LED that I don't like that much.

It constantly reboots and the smart features which I never use crash all the time locking u my screen. I have a couple questions.

Is there any reason to get an 8k TV? Also, how does LG's QNED match up against Samsung Neo mini QLED.

I looked at OLED TV but decided that the flaws in the technology wouldn't fit my need.

I don't upgrade frequently so not sure I want a TV that has screen degradation as I have read.

I have had the jvc tv troubleshooting for 7 years.
thanks for any help

My 2 cents:

- The best non-LED TVs in the market today are generally accepted to be the Samsung QN90C series and the SonyX90L series. The Samsung has mini-LED tech, Sony has the best processing that makes up for a lot and puts it right there in the same tier of image quality. You can check those out and see what works for you. I did check a LG QNED TV, and i gotta say, it looked very nice. But they dont get the same hype as the above 2 models - whether on merit or for some other reason, i cannot say.

- The OS of the TV is kinda irrelevant - for a few thousand, you can put in a Firestick or if you want a really nice OS, an Apple TV (that’s more than a few thousand, but you get the idea). So I wouldn’t factor in OS in the decision process except as a tie-breaker between two otherwise equally good TVs.

- 4K streaming is currently quite compressed, so i dont know what the likelihood of 8k is gonna be in the short term. It certainly isnt something that i particularly care about, to be honest.

Hello everyone.

what is budget? LG or Samsung's are the good bet. I prefer LG for its natural colors and smooth OS.

Hello everyone.

Lg QNED uses IPS panels. Samsung Neo QLED mini LED TVs are better as they use VA panels. But contrast ratio is not desired for casual viewing and so depends on pricing too.

Hello everyone.I am looking to get a new TV. I'm planning on getting a 65". I have looked at a million reviews etc and everyone seems to have a different opinion.
You want to swap your TV because the operating system is flawed? Is the picture bad?
As already suggested, get an Apple TV and 99% of your problems will be solved.

On a side note, try using a wired ethernet connection.

I have the same issue with my Sony. Netflix works okay but some other streaming Apps such as Disney don't play nice and the TV locks up the App from time to time. A simple OS reboot, clearing the App cache usually resolves the issue temporarily. These issues are not severe enough for me to trash the TV for a new one. The picture still looks okay.

I'm not sure what flaws you've read about on OLED. I've decided my next TV will be oled only. I love the colors, contrast, panel light control and the brightness levels oled can push. Some non-oled exception are there from Sony but thats it.

The trouble with reviews is that they can confuse the hell out of you. Instead of wasting time on the internet, walk into Croma or any other store and look at some options in person. You'll get a clearer picture of whats good and whats not so good. Nothing like actually using and trying a TV before you buy one. Clearly, you value TV interface response. A review is fairly limited in that sense.

I've also realized one thing. If you spend good money, there isn't a single bad TV out there. They are all good. Its individual perception in the end. I find the current crop of TCL QLED and Panasonic Oled TV's fantastic. These are brands I would not have considered at all. When you go see them in person, your views change. At this point, I no longer care what the Internet thinks. The TV looks, works well for me and thats all that matters.

Dear Friends

I want to buy smart TV for 50 to 55 inch under budget of 28k to 36k with latest technology, HDMI 2.1, dolby vision and dolby audio.
Blaupunkt is good for TV, and also what about TCL, Croma and Xiaomi TV.

Thanks

Dharmendrasinh

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back