How about changing the artist if we dont like the sound signature of our setup?

Exactly, this is the point which I was looking for.

So to get a neutral sounding system, do we need to spend a fortune? Also is it required to spend a lot on accessories like cables, interconnects (after a decent level) to achieve this?

Depends on your path and what your idea of hifi is !

• Esoteric hi-end brands
  • Smaller niche brands who specialize in hi-end
  • Used market
  • DIY
  • Alternative approaches

If you go via the first route and you like difficult to drive multi driver designs for the loudspeaker, it will cost you a big fortune.

Cables will take up 5 to 10 percent of your total outlay.

Last edited:
I 'second' the above in totality.

You have to work around your system, examining & analyzing each step of the chain to track down the culprit and then "cure it or find a remedy". The system MUST BE balanced to play ALL GENRES of music reasonably well.

However, my 2 cents in this aspect is that when a system that does full justice to western classical is asked to play all genres, it is able to do so fairly well within reasonable limits to even excelling in the various genres.

About the alcohol, Kamal said the words there!!

Regards

if defining 'justice' in scientific (read empirically measurable) terms was a possibility, this would have been a cinch. mayn't/wudn't hav been such an involving hobby (passion for some). to each his own. but, i also fully agree there is no better way, within those constraints.

just an offhand share (totally light-hearted), i now know what virenji might've meant when he said 'now your system is sounding good' after a coupla' single malts (may'v been rum, or beer).

btw, i hav had the privilege of being inside the Cadence anechoic test chamber. quite an experience.

Last edited:
Depends on your path and what your idea of hifi is !

• Esoteric hi-end brands
  • Smaller niche brands who specialize in hi-end
  • Used market
  • DIY
  • Alternative approaches

If you go via the first route and you like difficult to drive multi driver designs for the loudspeaker, it will cost you a big fortune.

Cables will take up 5 to 10 percent of your total outlay.

What is Alternative approaches --well stacked bar (Lepfroig,Glenfedich,Glenlivet, Jack Daniels,Jim Bean), free time and non interruption?

ALSO WHAT ABOUT QUALITY SOFTWARE? Or else people buy tube gear and satiusfied with 48 KBPS worldspace??:eek:hyeah:

HifiAshok wrote-
"...btw, i hav had the privilege of being inside the Cadence anechoic test chamber. quite an experience."
Would love to hear abt your impressions sometime.
e.g. what was it like hearing music in the AC vs normal rooms etc.

HifiAshok wrote-
"...btw, i hav had the privilege of being inside the Cadence anechoic test chamber. quite an experience."
Would love to hear abt your impressions sometime.
e.g. what was it like hearing music in the AC vs normal rooms etc.

sorry for misrepresenting. i was fortunate enuf to see & feel the inside but wasn't fortuate enuf to actually witness a test session. maybe i was not too sure I could request it. but, in the AC, even common speech was wierd, since our mind may not be used to relating to sound w/o echo. it seemed flat and wierd.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back