How do you listen to music? Sitting on a couch, lazyboy, or on the floor

mbhangui

I sit on the floor. My floor is carpeted. I have put a mattress on the floor. Behind the mattress is a cane couch. The best sound I get is when I sit on the couch. But I get fidgety after an hour or so. But lying lazily on the floor is the most comfortable. I just don't get tired of listening, but it comes at a minor sacrifice of details.

So I'm wondering if I should get ottomans, lazyboys, etc. What is the most comfortable way of listening to music that you have found?
IMG_20220614_174720563.jpeg

These days I rarely get to sit in front of the rig, let alone the sweet spot.
When I do get a chance to sit down, it's on the couch, max 30 mins. Or on a plastic chair if the session is longer. Plastic chair is better for my back.

Cheers,
Raghu

These days I rarely get to sit in front of the rig, let alone the sweet spot.
When I do get a chance to sit down, it's on the couch, max 30 mins. Or on a plastic chair if the session is longer. Plastic chair is better for my back.
I agree about plastic chair being comfortable. Let me try it with a foot rest in the front and see how long I can listen.

This one at home centre looks to be the most comfortable for long hours of music listening.

THis is another one

Any recommendations for a good chair for those with a back problem while listening to music for long hours.

I sit on the floor. My floor is carpeted. I have put a mattress on the floor. Behind the mattress is a cane couch. The best sound I get is when I sit on the couch. But I get fidgety after an hour or so. But lying lazily on the floor is the most comfortable. I just don't get tired of listening, but it comes at a minor sacrifice of details.

So I'm wondering if I should get ottomans, lazyboys, etc. What is the most comfortable way of listening to music that you have found?
View attachment 70019
You got the tweeters to fire at you by tilting the speakers down and it worked as you are sitting on the floor!!!
Like the ambience.

One AKG701?

I sit on the sofa, the butt and back becomes uncomfortable after a while, then move to an armchair IKEA POANG same as below but dark brown. This comes with or without a foot stool and is quite comfortable for the back. Unfortunately I got it without the matching foot stool. Now this chair with same cover is not available. Though comfy, have to drag it to position so I change position on sofa.

. 15d41f5458248cdc7f37c0761e60124a--nursing-chair-putting-it-together.jpg

You got the tweeters to fire at you by tilting the speakers down and it worked as you are sitting on the floor!!!
Like the ambience.

One AKG701?

I sit on the sofa, the butt and back becomes uncomfortable after a while, then move to an armchair IKEA POANG same as below but dark brown. This comes with or without a foot stool and is quite comfortable for the back. Unfortunately I got it without the matching foot stool. Now this chair with same cover is not available. Though comfy, have to drag it to position so I change position on sofa.

. View attachment 70062
Let me look if this is available at Ikea in th online store. It sure looks comfortable because of the downward slope.

I personally don't like to sit at sweet spot and listen music for hours other than testing a system.I have also found with some towers, sitting on ground gave me fullness of sound. I used to study in school/college days with music playing aside. Now I like to sing with artist in the song :)

Let me look if this is available at Ikea in th online store. It sure looks comfortable because of the downward slope.
I have two of it's predecessors (one in Abu Dhabi and another in India) 20 yrs plus and still going strong. These are narrower and is made of canvas on wood frame.

Two POANGs again one here and one in India like 10 years old.

The frame is made of layered wood and is springy so you can rock yourself. You are nearly floating like in a hammock due to this design. It is not really rigid. The whole back, buttocks and thighs are comfortably supported.

I started with this in 2006. But the inside stuff keeps shrinking and you have to replace the balls every now and then.
the big guy is almost 15+ years , just topping up beans for 4 to 5 years then replace full - which , in my opinion is a big time mess.
The last time , was using big gunny bags to flush out, which helped a bit.

I use a home centre aylen chair. I tried some chairs and sofas in the last few years but settled with the home centre chair as it’s best for my back and room acoustics.

I use a home centre aylen chair. I tried some chairs and sofas in the last few years but settled with the home centre chair as it’s best for my back and room acoustics.
Thank you. Took a look and it does seem this will work for me.

Thank you. Took a look and it does seem this will work for me.
Home Centre started here in UAE part of Centre Point group. They used to be importing from EU earlier. Now they seem to be copying and slightly modifying IKEA in many cases but without any kind of test of quality assurance. If you compare physically you can easily note the difference.

IKEA POANG is the same chair but tested for endurance. I have 4 chairs from IKEA two are 20 yrs plus and other two 10 yrs plus. No creaks or cracks.

Haven't seen these demos in Home Center shops.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back