How do you listen to music? Sitting on a couch, lazyboy, or on the floor

Serves IKEA right! I have no sympathy for them since the POANG is a rip-off of a Finnish architects design.
That's a news to me.

Searched for it https://www.artek.fi/en/products/armchair-406

However, POANG can be easily transported as it can be completely knocked out. I took mine from Abu Dhabi to India in my regular checked in luggage. The rear side of the base is more reinforced. And much cheaper.

Want to spend more than your amp??

So did Home Center copy Aalto design? Anyways the quality of HC is an iffy now. Rarely buy anything.

That way the uber expensive hammocks are ripped off from the lowly saree jhoola our mothers used to make us sleep

Pancakes sold for 10 times cost is ripped off from the wheat dosa my grandma used to make.. so on, so on...;);)

Last edited:
That way the uber expensive hammocks are ripped off from the lowly saree jhoola our mothers used to make us sleep
What came first? The chicken or the egg? :D

Pancakes sold for 10 times cost is ripped off from the wheat dosa my grandma used to make.. so on, so on...;);)
A dosa is also a pancake. Or vice versa. A friend calls a pancake a "firangi dosa". :p
Also, a dosa at Sarvana Bhavan costs 10 times more than the same dosa made at home so what's your point?

My cosy cane chair at the sweetspot when working, or on the floor when lazy or in the mood for a nap.
Otherwise all around when busy with house chores with the door to the music room ofcourse kept open.

For serious listening i always prefer my sofa and I sit at the sweet spot . While listening i keep watch on the spinning vinyls as watching them also delights me. However ,while doing any work i prefer bluetooth speaker and stream from my phone.
Regards

My wife knowing fully well that I get a bit unstable as the night progresses, gifted me a nice recliner. But that thing went bust after a couple of years. Maybe I reclined too much.

Now, I have a simple chair made out of steel and nylon. It makes sure that I don't recline too much.

These days it is mostly on the work desk with headphones, very little time to actually properly respect the main stereo unfortunately. That being said I have realized I am most comfortable at the ground level, sitting cross legged at the sweet spot, I have a fairly firm mattress on the ground. It is better for the back I feel. Couple of pillows around if you need them. staring directly ahead, perhaps both hands together on the chin, contemplative or simply relishing the tempo inside.

These days it is mostly on the work desk with headphones, very little time to actually properly respect the main stereo unfortunately. That being said I have realized I am most comfortable at the ground level, sitting cross legged at the sweet spot, I have a fairly firm mattress on the ground. It is better for the back I feel. Couple of pillows around if you need them. staring directly ahead, perhaps both hands together on the chin, contemplative or simply relishing the tempo inside.
The ground offers multiple lying down, sitting positions in contrast to a chair which offers very few positions.

My eyes are also on this recliner from home center. The thing that is putting me off is the faux leather. I dislike anything that is not cotton.

View attachment 70105
This is the one I use for my listening sessions. It is indeed good looking and comfortable. The design is rip off of the stressless chair and at considerably lesser price. Stressless are pure leather.

Faux leather doesn't bother me and you may use a sofa throw in case it faux leather is a concern.

Also similar to audio equipments try them out before buying as these are on display in most of their outlets. I have come to realization that the comfort of chairs are extremely subjective.

I initially designed my sound stage with a lying posture (couch potato) position, where in, my comfortable 255 cm mattress will supliment the sound and i could fall asleep playing some music. But then while watching movies the diagonal viewing position is stealing a bit of immersion. So i watch with a cushioned chair and swivel the mount straight. For music, my arrangement works well.

why bother listening postures? just insert your LDAC earbud and play some music on your LDAC supported bluetooth device ( a phone perhaps):D
The right way to listen to music on Atmos speakers.
I think "soundstage" is more important ( as ATMOS is all about "channels") we need an accurate reproduction of what is recorded

Last edited by a moderator:
The ground offers multiple lying down, sitting positions in contrast to a chair which offers very few positions.
Precisely! And generally music should be able to provide you comfort, I am getting older and am becoming more inclined to enjoy music and be at peace. The constant hunt for perfection gets a bit tiresome at times, if you know what I mean.

Oh but everyone is a perfectionist here. And their Dil Maange More , always , for that 1% sonic improvement which no one else hears but their ears alone 😁

Oh but everyone is a perfectionist here. And their Dil Maange More , always , for that 1% sonic improvement which no one else hears but their ears alone 😁
Oh for sure, you will find me echoing the same in some of my previous posts. Nothing in life is constant, especially not the desires of an audiophile!
By my very own frank admission I tend to vacillate between the two sides, one which seeks perfection in audio at all costs and then the other one....resigned to the fate, relegated to listening to just music and nodding along in homage to the rhythm. Figure out which is better? :D

I use a regular cushioned chair with good lower back support, since I “had” back issues, but now I’m better after regularly working out at the gym over the last couple of months to strengthen my back, and trying to lose weight too which helps a lot for lumbar strain.
I listen to music mainly after work starting around 8:30 pm till around 11:00 pm, So it’s not too long hours, but still I’m on the lookout for a good ventilating chair with adequate spine support. I checked online for office chairs and narrowed it down to a relatively expensive, but seemingly effective chair for my use case - Durian Zeus Ergonomic chair. Well, at the time being it’s on my wish list , but I would definitely recommend other FMs, that when looking for a music listening chair, please don’t skimp on back support. There are plenty other ventilated office chairs with great back support starting from around 9,000₹.

My experience is that chairs with a relaxed posture feels good for the initial half hour or so, and then back of the shoulder (scapula) pain creeps in, due to your spine and back muscles undergoing strain.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back