How do you track daily expense?

hifimusic

Well, wonder how many maintain such a record at all.
There are may softwares for this purpose like Quicken, Money etc but they are complicated.

Excel sheets are ok but they need to be programmed and not everyone has excel coding skills.

I guess these are the basic requirements.

* Maintain current bank balance (n banks)
* CASH on hand
* Daily CASH expense
* Daily Debit card expense (n banks)
* Credit card expense tracking

Summary of where the CASH is going.

All my bank account and credit card details spending are available online.
For tracking daily expense, we (me and my wife) write down the expenses every day in a diary and total it up at the end of the month.
By expense, I mean every thing including cash & card purchases, online bill payments, salary to helps and other monthly bills etc.

That's a nice way.
bank and card transactions - they are there online just that, if we have our own records, we can catch any mistakes in online statement.

Aren't there Quicken users here?

Last edited:
That's a nice way.
bank and card transactions - they are there online just that, if we have our own records, we can catch any mistakes in online statement.

Aren't there Quicken users here?

As I said, I write down all expenses incl credit card transactions. So I do have my own records for cross checking.

Surprised no one here uses Quicken etc??

apart from apple products being niche and generally unknown, you should be surprised that people keep track of expenses at all.

if a man of means had a house, a wife and children by her, and also 6 mistresses with his progeny, numerous goondas doing his bidding to protect his illegal real estate, and with interest in national highway projects, do you think he will maintain his accounts within Quicken?

all that is based on faith and trust

apart from apple products being niche and generally unknown, you should be surprised that people keep track of expenses at all.

if a man of means had a house, a wife and children by her, and also 6 mistresses with his progeny, numerous goondas doing his bidding to protect his illegal real estate, and with interest in national highway projects, do you think he will maintain his accounts within Quicken?

all that is based on faith and trust

i can verify you are bad man doing bad actions

When a person has that kind of money there may not be any need to track.He probably wouldn't mind even if a few crores went missing/loss.

But may be for the common man - the salaried ones who check if their payslip, bank/credit card statements are right, make fixed deposits,MF etc.

By the way Quicken is not a apple product and there are lot of other persnal finance management software.

Well, wonder how many maintain such a record at all.
There are may softwares for this purpose like Quicken, Money etc but they are complicated.

Excel sheets are ok but they need to be programmed and not everyone has excel coding skills.

I guess these are the basic requirements.

* Maintain current bank balance (n banks)
* CASH on hand
* Daily CASH expense
* Daily Debit card expense (n banks)
* Credit card expense tracking

Summary of where the CASH is going.

With Excel sheets once they're made you don't need to know the back end of Excel (I don't). Simply keep entering your figures and it self balances. I use an app on iPhone to manage expenses now called Account Tracker it's excellent for knowing by category where your money is going and also setting limits for each category's spending. Your best bet would be to get someone to make you an Excel sheet once with details as per your requirements. Pretty easy to set up for someone who knows Excel.

regards

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back