How does an AV receiver help in video processing?

SmokeRulz

I have a Hathway set top box (standard connection) and I am planning to buy an AVR or HTiB. Can you folks help me in understanding that how much will an AVR help in video upscaling.

Models i have in mind:
1. Yamaha YHT-299 (HTiB)
2. Onkyo HS-3500 (HTiB)
3. Yamaha RX V-377/477
4. Denon AVR X-1000

I have a Hathway set top box (standard connection) and I am planning to buy an AVR or HTiB. Can you folks help me in understanding that how much will an AVR help in video upscaling.

Models i have in mind:
1. Yamaha YHT-299 (HTiB)
2. Onkyo HS-3500 (HTiB)
3. Yamaha RX V-377/477
4. Denon AVR X-1000

For that firstly you need to check if these models have up scaling feature. Even if the video up scaling is there they are usually of very average quality. In the past I have tried it and I thought its better to watch the video without up scaling. Why I am telling this is if you are assuming that video up scaling will give you same quality as HD then you will be disappointed

I have always wondered how does this Upscaling actually work
I mean doesnt the "GIGO" (garbage in garbage out) principle Hold true in this regard...

Might be newb question ............still.....am curious are there any fms out there who find this upscaling feature usefull ?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back