How effectively we are using our home theater

Hey Guys,

I'm just about to go with the nvidia shield, I was in impression based on some review that shield supports netflix with atmos. Can you guys confirm that shield doesnt support atmos on Netflix? in that case, I may choose Apple TV 4k instead of shield. Thank you.

The Shield does NOT support Atmos in Netflix yet. You get Atmos on the Shield in Amazon, and local content/BR rips. It may support Atmos in Netflix in the near future, but will never support Dolby Vision.

The Apple TV supports atmos and vision right now. If you stream a lot, get the apple tv. If you have a ton of local 4k hdr content, get the shield. Or get both if you have the time I have both and use both quite often

Ahhh ok maybe I got confused cause I also have a LG OLED. I'll check tomorrow wrt the shield. Never noticed it though. Thanks!

The Shield does NOT support Atmos in Netflix yet. You get Atmos on the Shield in Amazon, and local content/BR rips. It may support Atmos in Netflix in the near future, but will never support Dolby Vision.

The Apple TV supports atmos and vision right now. If you stream a lot, get the apple tv. If you have a ton of local 4k hdr content, get the shield. Or get both if you have the time I have both and use both quite often
Thank you, I may start with shield for now, it being more convenient for stored media + other android ecosystem, my devices/ecosystem doesnt have any apple identity at all.

Thank you, I may start with shield for now, it being more convenient for stored media + other android ecosystem, my devices/ecosystem doesnt have any apple identity at all.

Neither do mine! I don't have a single iPhone or iPad or Mac. The Apple TV does work

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back