• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

How effectively we are using our home theater

Nchavva

Hi All,

We are spending lot of money on HT. I have Atmos setup now projector on the way.I watch 1 or 2 movies a week. How effectively you people using your HT.
please share here

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

haisaikat

Since my Marantz will auto switch on when I click up the TV , i use it everyday.. almost for 1.5-2 hrs. around 7-8hrs on weekends.
Best way to keep HT utilized

Hi All,

We are spending lot of money on HT. I have Atmos setup now projector on the way.I watch 1 or 2 movies a week. How effectively you people using your HT.
please share here
In my opinion depends on what you watch using HT, daily set top box content or only serious shows / movies. If its later then with time unless your unseen movie list of your liking keeps on growing the time spent may reduce over time. May be subscribing to streaming content and experimenting with new kind of movies may still keep the ringing but that is just me. When you have PJ, definitely you have to conserve its lumination life so as to not exhaust in regular TV watching by making the room dark

sriram_shol

Most of us have expensive AV equipment even though we use over the weekend. To me, I watch the movies over the weekend but always like to get the best visual and audio experience.

So even my frequency of watching is limited to only the weekends, I don't mind spending money on buying the best equipment. IMO, it is still OK to invest on AV equipment irrespective of its usage frequency. End of it, you should enjoy what you do!

Last edited:

raghupb

TV only - about 3-6 hours per day (combined usage across family)
3.1 TV/Movies - about 5-15 hours per week (combined usage across family)
2.0 Music - about 3-4 hours per day (combined usage across family)

Cheers,
Raghu

ItsMe

My HT usage is as below. I watch movies over the weekend and occasionally on weekdays, sports when it comes live and whenever I feel the music I am listening to is something worth beyond the bluetooth speakers

Arjun4

Hi All,

please share here
Lemme guess - Amazon prime has just one Atmos title so far and the Shield doesn't support atmos on Netflix - Could be the reason ?

rpmahale

Usually I listened music daily one hour or more either on CD or Streaming. Blu Ray Movie may be once in week. No sports or TV serials on HT set-up. Rarely Netflix or Amazon prime on HT set-up. Major utilisation is on music contents only.

jr83

5.2.2 Dolby Vision + Atmos on Apple TV here
- 1-2hrs of gaming or YouTube in the mornings
- 2-3hrs of streaming on Netflix or iTunes or Amazon or Hotstar
- this depends if we're binging any show. Then it can increase.

Of course, we travel a lot and don't really have a concept of weekends and weekdays. So in a month, this is true for perhaps 12-15 days.

All of this is connected using a Logitech Harmony Hub and remote, so the home theater is used for every viewing!

SPONSORED ADS

buxx

Lemme guess - Amazon prime has just one Atmos title so far and the Shield doesn't support atmos on Netflix - Could be the reason ?
Which are those Atmos titles on Prime & Netflix?

SPONSORED ADS