How good is Marantz PM6003 amplifier.

partho

Hello friends,

I am a marantz fan. For sometime I am seeing the new Marantz PM6003 integrated amplifier is getting good public reviews. It is a low power amp 45W rms @8ohm/60W rms @ 4ohm. It is having a toroidal transformer with ability to produce high instantaneous current. It looks very good too.

Is there any forum member who has experienced the amplifier?
How musical the amplifier is?
How is the drive capability?
What is the cost?
Will it be able to drive Dynaudio Audience 52/ Monitor Audio RS1?

Kindly share your experience about the amplifier?

Hello friends,

I am a marantz fan. For sometime I am seeing the new Marantz PM6003 integrated amplifier is getting good public reviews. It is a low power amp 45W rms @8ohm/60W rms @ 4ohm. It is having a toroidal transformer with ability to produce high instantaneous current. It looks very good too.

Is there any forum member who has experienced the amplifier?
How musical the amplifier is?
How is the drive capability?
What is the cost?
Will it be able to drive Dynaudio Audience 52/ Monitor Audio RS1?

Kindly share your experience about the amplifier?

True, but somehow I see very few people here with pm6003. How come its not so popular?

hi Partho

I have it..at the moment i ve paired it with paradigm monitors..i have the marantz dock for ipod which i use as the source. I should say the performance is sweet..quite musical. Even i had initial doubts on its power delivery..but i tell u it has more than enough thumping power to drive most of the speakers.
cheers
ganesh

hi Partho

I have it..at the moment i ve paired it with paradigm monitors..i have the marantz dock for ipod which i use as the source. I should say the performance is sweet..quite musical. Even i had initial doubts on its power delivery..but i tell u it has more than enough thumping power to drive most of the speakers.
cheers
ganesh

Nice, how much did you pay for it?

Hi Ganesh,
Thanks for the reply.
During purchase have you compared it with PM7001 or PM7003? What are the major differences in sound quality?
How is the build quality?
How much you have paid for it?
From where from you have purchased it?
Regards,
Partho.

Hi Ganesh,
Which amplifier do you have Marantz AVR SR6003 or PM6003?
Sorry for my doubt. Actually in your post it is written SR6003.
Regards,
Partho.

Hi,
Why everyone mentions "torroidal transformer"Is it really special? I mean i find it quite commonly in many products. i am using powered mixer as amplifier. Even that has a big torroidal transformer. But i don't know what does it mean. does is deserve a special mention?

Hi Partho
I have both!! i ve pm ed u..!!

@i audio- pm ed u too

cheers
ganesh

Ganesh,
Thanks, i did get your pm. What I wanted to know was what other amps did you audition in comparison with the pm6003 and why you chose it over them?

Hi reddymail / gannyboy -

I am from Mumbai .....not able to get hold of PM6003 here .......

let me know the price of PM6003 and where is this grey market in chennai located .......address and tel no if possible .....my email id - [email protected] , [email protected]....

I am coming to Chennai on April 2nd .....so will pick it up from there ....

Thanks in advance

regards
Srinivas

btw it costs 17k grey in chennai

That's a fabulous price :licklips: !

PM7003 although is around for a while now, it is a better amp than PM6003 IMO - however this is just purely going by the specs and reviews; I couldn't get to lay my hands (ears?!) on PM6003 yet.

Unfortunately PM7003 is not available anymore (prod stopped) as per a dealer in Chennai. The quote that dealer gave (even after discount) for PM6003 is close to ten grands over the above price! :eek:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back