How good Micca RB42-C compared to Pioneer C22?

rajeshg_k123

Hello all,

I have Pioneer C22, due to aesthetic need in living room, need center channel speaker height to be less then 15cm (6 inch). So looking to replace Pioneer speaker. My budget is 8K and see micca has good review and around that budget.

Need opinion on micca RB42-C or any other center speaker? I am open to used as well.

Rajesh G

Based on my limited knowledge, 8K in India does not really have much value if you want decent quality speakers. Given center channel is the life and blood of any movie, you need to up your budget by atleast 3 times to match the C22 and also due to laws of physics, slimmer speakers will only give you slimmer sound - particularly at this budget.

You may have some luck with used items - I regularly go through the classifieds part of this forum and do not remember anything of value in your price point

Glad to hear views of experts on this forum

Hello all,

I have Pioneer C22, due to aesthetic need in living room, need center channel speaker height to be less then 15cm (6 inch). So looking to replace Pioneer speaker. My budget is 8K and see micca has good review and around that budget.

Need opinion on micca RB42-C or any other center speaker? I am open to used as well.

Rajesh G

Hi

The RB 42s are good. I heard them and they do pack a decent punch with good clarity. I did recall seeing a bookshelf pair over OLX. there are ample Youtube reviews on the same.

There are ample used ones available over OLX, thumb rule is do your research on tech specs, audition in person and negotiate if the price is over listed where possible. Most are taking the used route to upgrade / enhance their systems as you get good stuff at decent prices. New stuff is available at ridiculous prices with the same limited or no warranty. Just beware of dealers/resellers, few ads pertain to individuals. The content / information listed in the ad will obviously tell you if the person is a dealer or individual.

All the best.

Based on my limited knowledge, 8K in India does not really have much value if you want decent quality speakers. Given center channel is the life and blood of any movie, you need to up your budget by atleast 3 times to match the C22 and also due to laws of physics, slimmer speakers will only give you slimmer sound - particularly at this budget.

You may have some luck with used items - I regularly go through the classifieds part of this forum and do not remember anything of value in your price point

Glad to hear views of experts on this forum
Thanks for responding Prasad. This was my worry replacing Pioneer C22 with smaller size will always be a challenge. Another issue I see is that have hall with length 20ft and width 13ft, not sure how 4 inch speaker fill the room.
You have always been supportive, with your help I was able to get Akey6 projector and screen.

I will wait to see if someone who have heard/ used micca or any center speaker with smaller size works.

Hi

The RB 42s are good. I heard them and they do pack a decent punch with good clarity. I did recall seeing a bookshelf pair over OLX. there are ample Youtube reviews on the same.

There are ample used ones available over OLX, thumb rule is do your research on tech specs, audition in person and negotiate if the price is over listed where possible. Most are taking the used route to upgrade / enhance their systems as you get good stuff at decent prices. New stuff is available at ridiculous prices with the same limited or no warranty. Just beware of dealers/resellers, few ads pertain to individuals. The content / information listed in the ad will obviously tell you if the person is a dealer or individual.

All the best.
Thanks for the suggestion @efernand1 . I am looking for center speaker, Z review on RB42-C says it's good center speaker. I have been watch on olx since 2 months. I have bought many good stuff from olx and from this forum classified.
I will wait to see if anyone has any opinion on micca center speaker or suggestions for other small size center speaker.

Thanks for responding Prasad. This was my worry replacing Pioneer C22 with smaller size will always be a challenge. Another issue I see is that have hall with length 20ft and width 13ft, not sure how 4 inch speaker fill the room.
You have always been supportive, with your help I was able to get Akey6 projector and screen.

I will wait to see if someone who have heard/ used micca or any center speaker with smaller size works.
Sound quality wise, the pioneer will Trump the micca. No doubt.

Considering your hall, that's a huge hall and you definitely need an even bigger center channel speaker if you plan to use one. Is wall mounting the speaker also not an option? Try marking center channel as No and see if doubling the fronts as center makes a difference?

MaSh

How is the Akey working? I am super impressed so far and since most of projector use is for movies - cant really complain much. Even a dark movie/series like Wednesday looks super good. Glad I bought this and not spend 70-80k for a 1080p projector. Just not worth spending 4-5 times for a 15-20% improvement in picture.

Although during afternoon time..I notice a big color patch and it shuts down. Guess it gets very hot and may be the fan is not working or good enough..need to check.

So when you say aesthetic issue with the speaker...does it cover few inches of the bottom of your TV screen? What AVR are you using and how much did it cost? am still waiting on my Atmos upgrade!

How is the Akey working? I am super impressed so far and since most of projector use is for movies - cant really complain much. Even a dark movie/series like Wednesday looks super good. Glad I bought this and not spend 70-80k for a 1080p projector. Just not worth spending 4-5 times for a 15-20% improvement in picture.

Although during afternoon time..I notice a big color patch and it shuts down. Guess it gets very hot and may be the fan is not working or good enough..need to check.

So when you say aesthetic issue with the speaker...does it cover few inches of the bottom of your TV screen? What AVR are you using and how much did it cost? am still waiting on my Atmos upgrade!
Akey6 is working well, and I am using it in bedroom and I have painted my wall grey to make dark scene look better. This also helps in reducing the reflection and not hurting eye. My family member were complaining when I was using white screen.

Coming back to this topic, it covers good 3 inches of the TV. I cannot wall mount the TV. So I have space in the TV cabinet which has only 6 inch space. I have Marantz NR1506.

Hello all,

Rajesh G
I got L & R pair of Jamo S 60 SUR - studio series on Olx recently in delhi. 8k mein.

I bought Jamo C60 bcos of size and just very little improvement in sound compared to Pioneer.
I will be posting Pioneer for sale soon. Thanks all for your input.

I bought Jamo C60 bcos of size and just very little improvement in sound compared to Pioneer.
I will be posting Pioneer for sale soon. Thanks all for your input.

Conrgats! C is the Concert Series and S is the Studio series. the C series always sounded better. Not heard the latest models.

Please share your reviews

Thanks @rwnano @efernand1. I have sprain in my arm and change cables. I had demoed both my Pioneer and Jamo C60 at seller place. As per that I feel C60 much clean has good mid range and highs compare to Pioneer C22. Also while playing I felt dialogues coming from screen.
Back at home I feel both sounded same except for C60 being cleaner and a little thin. Audyssey setting was done on pioneer.

I compared pioneer C22 and Jamo C60. To my layman ears, both sound same only difference in C60 is clear in bass, mid is little laid back and highs are good.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back