How is Guvera music service? (Newly launched in India)

Oeb

I found out about this web site, guvera.com which newly launched in India in November and offers unlimited streaming. I wanted to listen to classical music but all the Bach tracks I searched for were for subscription-only users, but the thing is the price (Rs 199/month) looks amazing. And you can use it on any device, (not at the same time though). I just thought, before I subscribe, I would ask here if anyone uses it and can give a review about quality and availability, etc.? I have a 4mbit unlimited connection, and wonder if that is good enough. Thanks.

I didn't like their quality. It was only 64 Kbps. May be if you get subscription you might get 128 Kbps. Still that is below quality compared to iTunes or buying a CD and ripping in lossless.

My card got charged rupees 51.43 in addition to Rs 199 by Guvera when I subscribed to platinum. Dunno if that is part of tax or something. So that got me a bit worried, so I've written to them to clarify about the extra charge. Waiting for their reply.

I played a couple songs and it sounds good, but not sure what quality bitrate it is playing at. I thought the 64kbps was for mobile devices.

Am looking for a site with 320kbps music and 1080p music videos. Dies anyone know? Tried tidalhifi. It has a good jagjit singh collection but at 1200 rupees per month.

Whats wrong with spotify ????? Been using it for like ages with ultimate sound quality

Airtel has launch Wynk. I am able to set the streaming quality to 320Kbps (they call this HD :) ) in free version. Sound quality seems fine but I felt it a bit harsh in some songs. May be it is just "upto 320 Kbps" it may not be fully kbps. I need to try it for few more days in few more Genres and see how it is.

Whats wrong with spotify ????? Been using it for like ages with ultimate sound quality

Like and use Spotify myself.

Another service I've been using lately is Songza (same restrictions as Spotify and others, but with same workarounds). Quality is good and the selection of music is also good, especially their recommended/curated music lists. What's more if you like or take time to personalize the stuff you like, their recommendations only get better. Sort of like Last.fm in helping you discover new music, but instead of only recommending it they actually play music based on your listening history.

Spotify is good. But I could not find concert videos on it. I am looking for high res audio and video for Hindi and Urdu music

I have a dream that I would be able to enjoy live concerts (both Ghazals and jazz) at home by using my 80 inch HD TV and hi fi stereo system.

Try Rdio, it has recently launched its services in India(less than a month). It provides 192kpbs for free and 320kbps on paid subscription which is also very reasonably priced(Rs. 119/month). I think I even saw one subscription for Rs. 60/month. Its an international competitor for spotify.

Sid... in us they are asking for 9.99 per month? May be I will sign up next time I am in India and then hope that it will continue working when I come back.

Haha... I guess its a compensation offer for people like who have waiting for some good streaming options for long!!
Subscription plans here are pretty cool... Rs. 60 for web subscription. 119 for Unlimited. I think I will try it.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back