How is SONY DAV-DZ150K?

justinsekar

Hi,

Did any one have idea about how is sony DAV-DZ150K home theatre system? Is it play all DVD's smoothly? How is sound quality?

Thanks,
Justin Sekar. V

Last edited:
Hi,

Did any one have idea about how is sony DAV-DZ150K home theatre system? Is it play all DVD's smoothly? How is sound quality?

Thanks,
Justin Sekar. V

I own a Sony DAV-DZ750 K, Not at all happy with the sound clarity. This one have a movie and music mode, In music mode sound quality is horrible. My first mono music system from philips(1994 model) was far better than this one.
But i am not sure about the sound quality of 150K, But i heard their component system is far better that the DAV models.

Hi justinsekar,

No No No would be my answer, on a very personal note.

Such HTIBs are meant for users who'd simply want a system to beautify their living rooms, simply because their neighbour's bought an HTIB.

The amps are simply oversubscribed by an inadequate power supply and accompanied by some "squawker" kind of speakers for the front & surround channels. The Sub simply produces any LF sound similar to some of the cheap computer speakers.

Finally, there are no upgrade options. This unit does not come with optical/coaxial/multichannel inputs, which means, if the player gets faulty you've got to throw away the entire unit.

I would recommend you to go for the lower end Onkyo / Denon models with a moderate DVD player and for speakers. If you're from Bangalore, Modern World sells such AVRs as a complete package.

Thanks,

Nitin.

two words......stay away!!!!

If movies are your priority then go for an onkyo 3105/5105 - is very acceptable for movies and a little (very little) amount of music playback.

If stereo is your prerogative - get a component system.

Norge 1000 + wharf 9.1/9.2
CA + ms 902

.......the above two are good examples.

Sony HTiBs suck because - specs are overrated (look at power output and input power), too much distortion, clumsy options, no future upgrade path - once you take it - you are stuck.

Hi,

Thanks for all. So buying Sony HTS is waste of money right? Whats about other brands like samsung, LG or Onida? Better shall i buy DVD player and Home theatre separately? or let me know shall i get Best HTS for the budget around Rs.12K. Please assist me which one suits my need? what r the thinks we keep in mind before buying HTS?

Thanks,

Justin Sekar. V

Hi justinsekar,

For sony, just strike it from your list. As it is a very complicated and problematic HTIBs available, coz its a in-built DVD player and AMPLIFIER model. Its paper specification may be well or it can sound good too for some one, who never heard the 5.1 sound. After some years or sooner the DVD player will show the big bizbang actions which you have not seen before like problems. After some services done for DVD player to work well and then the problem works very well repeatedly. Then, if you wish to connect a new DVD player to the sony AMPLIFIER, you cannot able connect it in the sony AMPLIFIER becoz it does not have any 5.1 analog inputs or any digital inputs or even a 2 channel stereo inputs to decode or receive any audio from the new DVD player or source palyer. And then your AMPLIFIER will also be useless to connect any external sources like DVD players or other source players. AND coming to the sony speakers its normally 3 ohms impedance speakers. You should not connect the sony speakers to the brand AVRs, bcoz most other brand AVRs support only from 4 ohms speakers to 8 ohms or 12 ohms only. So connecting the sony speakers will damage the other brand AVRs bcoz of lesser ohms, when used for very period. you landed here for the experts suggestions, so go for a better one.

For yamaha its like all are seperated. The AVR comes in the package YHT-195 is 5.1 channel a/v receiver. 5x110 watts rms at 8 ohms, 5x135 watts rms at 6 ohms, 5x150 watts rms at 4 ohms. Total Harmonic Distortion(THD) 20hz - 20khz is 0.06%. HDMI (2 inputs/1 outputs) 1080p compatible, Audio Digital inputs(optical-2/coaxial-1), weight-8kgs. The speakers all are 6 ohms impedance. So, its very easy to mixmatch with any brands AVR when you go for a upgrade. VFM go for a YHT-195. Its very good option for you as a bigginer.

From the specifications of the sony, the speakers rated impedance is 2.7 ohm or 3 ohms. It is not suggegted to connect the lesser rated impedance speakers to the AVR rated from 4 ohms to 8 ohms or 12 ohms, it will damage the AVR when used for long period by connecting the lesser rated impedance speakers. The speaker impedance specifications for the DAV-DZ150 model is 3.2 ohms.

Cant even YAMAHA RX-V363 should be compared to sony DAV-DZ series amplifiers, becoz yamaha AVR has way ahead compatibile and has enough power to handle a 300 watt Rms floorstanders. It has many features like speaker A/B or A+B options and many audio inputs and outputs for different types of source connectivity. Sony it should be a considered as a very bad entry level HTIBs in the market.

cheers.

no to sony

i have myself had bad experience from their previous model sony davz 850k

so staaaaayyyyyyy awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay from sony :eek:hyeah:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back