How long you listen to music? How many hours a day/week?

well said .... really sometimes its very frustrating that you are listening something good closing your eyes and suddenly that voice disappears and you are again back in Hell

2 hours a week. There is swimming, outdoor sport, audio equipment manipulation (resetting tonearm etc), serious reading, audio reading, classifying digital files, digitizing cassettes, photography. On weekdays only CDs in car. There is very little time. Perhaps I should sell off some equipment to scale down.

30min to -1 hour @home on working day and in car around 2 hours.
1-3..x hours on Weekend & Holidays

As one of my friend told " I love gear, music is an excuse" :lol:

Before it was an hour or so everyday, but since I have bought my Sennheiser headphones, music starts as soon I'm home and use it off and on for about 2-3 hours.

Music never sounded like now, before.

I used to listen for at least 2 hours on weekdays, and 3 to 4 hours on Sundays. That, plus a movie nearly every day, used to take up nearly all my free time. And I used to be living like a hermit at home.

I decided to get back in shape, and go out more in 2012 and I did, as a result of which I listen to music for a total of maybe just 5 hours a week, and watch just 2 to 3 movies a week. I lost about 15kgs, came closer to nature, met some great people (some of whom have become quite significant in my life), and I'm in the best shape I've ever been. Not a bad bargain. I do miss being able to listen as much, though.

About an hour a day. More on weekends. Apart from serious listening, sometimes I listen in the background. Once in a month or so, I see a movie. Most of the time when I feel like enjoying music, either the power supply is not there or my child is sleeping.

2 hours a week. There is swimming, outdoor sport, audio equipment manipulation (resetting tonearm etc), serious reading, audio reading, classifying digital files, digitizing cassettes, photography. On weekdays only CDs in car. There is very little time. Perhaps I should sell off some equipment to scale down.

Do let me know when you plan to scale down. :D

45 minutes every couple of days in front of my main rig. It is strange that ever since I switched to a digital system, having a playlist in front of me makes me listen far less. I just pick and choose tracks.....when I used to use a CDP as the main source, I usually listened to a symphony or sonata all the way through. Terrible...its like only reading a bleeding chuck of chapters from a novel.
============================================

never been too big a fan of digital audio because of this.. you tend to listen to only the "popular" songs made famous by some marketing dept.

With a full CD.. you explore the artist and not just the song..

mpw

My ST2 remains online close to 4-5 hours daily ... provides soft background music in the living room.

ST1 plays thru the night (104 FM) ... again very soft ... in my bedroom.

ST3 ... well, 2-3 hour stretches on maybe, 2 or 3 times a week ... quite loud.
:)

2-3 hours of loud music listening can be damaging to the ears in the long run.Hope the speakers are not fatiguing you during these sessions. I am sure that the mini HB concept in the speakers are working to you advantage. Will like to know more from you about the fatigue aspect.

2-3 hours of loud music listening can be damaging to the ears in the long run.Hope the speakers are not fatiguing you during these sessions. I am sure that the mini HB concept in the speakers are working to you advantage. Will like to know more from you about the fatigue aspect.

Agree on that one. My ears already headed in that direction thanks to loud music and other reasons. So cutting back from 'loud' to 'clear and quality' before I go deaf!

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk HD

Music is on most of the day when I am awake. Most of the listening is casual listening. I do serious listening in my listening room may be twice or thrice a week depending on the mood

I go out to what averages out to around two live concerts a week, 99.9% carnatic classical. I really prefer the live-music experience these days, even though I know that, usually, any stereo would sound better than the real thing (so much for hifi :rolleyes:).

Apart from that, there is no regular formula. For a guy with an interest in audio, I am surprisingly fond of peace and quiet in the house! :lol: What's more, I feel like listening when others want peace and quiet ...so, sometimes, late-night, I don the headphones.

Generally, I do not like music as background.

I go out to what averages out to around two live concerts a week, 99.9% carnatic classical. I really prefer the live-music experience these days, even though I know that, usually, any stereo would sound better than the real thing (so much for hifi :rolleyes:).

Apart from that, there is no regular formula. For a guy with an interest in audio, I am surprisingly fond of peace and quiet in the house! :lol: What's more, I feel like listening when others want peace and quiet ...so, sometimes, late-night, I don the headphones.

Great. I haven't listened many live music shows, but I must say there is something in the 'live' thing. It's wonderful experience and it soothes more than anything.

I usually go to school art festivals at district and state levels on the venue (by lodging on the venue) . Even though most of the programs are available on TV (local channels), I must say, there is day and night difference between live and tv watching.

I'm fond of listening music everyday, though i never calculate exact time but yeah i guess i listen music around 3-4 hours a day.

Weekdays= 2hrs/day
Weekend= 28hrs/day
Total= 30hrs/week

--
helium
HiFi I - CA 640c V2 + Sansui AU-317 + Vintage B&W DM4 + Pure Silver cables
HiFi II - SB Classic + Lyrita EL84 + Akai SW-175 + Lyrita's IC & Speaker cables
HiFi III - Marantz PM6100SA & SM6100SA + Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary LE

Am envious of your Concert schedule!! :)

Everyone has to be envious of something :lol: --- I'm envious of people who live in Mylapore! :D

But... simply... concert going is my retired lifestyle, and it is Chennai that makes that possible. After a few weeks of feeling unwell, I've been able to get back and attend three or four concerts in the last week or so :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back