How long you listen to music? How many hours a day/week?

4 hours/day. It has dramatically increased after improving the system and the source. This is an expensive hobby like photography. Once you get bitten, you will do anything to continuously improve the sound.

^Taking your post into consideration i am gonna say i listen to what my mother sings in the kitchen for 10 minutes every day :)

4 hours/day. It has dramatically increased after improving the system and the source. This is an expensive hobby like photography. Once you get bitten, you will do anything to continuously improve the sound.

Totally agree, but couldn't find any other interest as this. Except cricket. So far no harm done. But nowadays it becomes a 'need' than hobby.

1-2 hrs per day in weekdays and more than 6-7 hrs in the weekends. During the weekends I either sleep or listen to music (leaving necessary things like eating, bathing) B-)

My ST2 remains online close to 4-5 hours daily ... provides soft background music in the living room.

ST1 plays thru the night (104 FM) ... again very soft ... in my bedroom.

ST3 ... well, 2-3 hour stretches on maybe, 2 or 3 times a week ... quite loud.
:)

Easily 4-5 hrs a day. Currently enjoying the AP sound and time just flies.
Serious listening time is post dinner till late in the night on most days.

45 minutes every couple of days in front of my main rig. It is strange that ever since I switched to a digital system, having a playlist in front of me makes me listen far less. I just pick and choose tracks.....when I used to use a CDP as the main source, I usually listened to a symphony or sonata all the way through. Terrible...its like only reading a bleeding chuck of chapters from a novel.

For me it's arbitrary. Depends totally on availability of time, my mood and weather outside.

When I have relatively less work, that leaves me with more time and hence more time listening to music. When I have the mood I even sleep with IEMs stuffed in my ear. No kidding, I have woken up with ear buds still in my ear playing music!!!

On a good weather day I prefer to go out and either work it out or indulge in some sports. These are tiring. So a shower to follow is unavoidable. Less time for music. So guess when I get maximum time to play music? When the weather is bad and mood is good :)

The quality of music one listens to is more important than the quantity :)

Are you referring to the quality of music i.e. vinyl vs. digital (please don't start that debate again) or quality of music with regards to the artist?

If technology then only a DBT will convince me a technology is supposedly better and most expensive audiophile grade products lose that battle.

If its artists then define quality! And who gets to decide on what is quality music?

I listened to a lot of Metallica, Black Sabbath, etc. when growing up... now very rarely but my cousins and nephews still enjoy them.

I never had a thing for classical music and still don't get what Opera is all about (though I have a few albums from Andrea Bocelli & Luciano Pavarotti).

I hate Lady Gaga but she has fans pretty much all over the world. Ditto for all girl and boy bands.

If numbers (sales) should decide then The Beatles are the best... but many I know many friends don't even like them. I listen to them but they are not my No. 1 band.

I don't even agree with the number one movie on IMDB... The Shawshank Redemption! Movies like The Godfather and even The Dark Knight are way better according to me.

Very seasonal for me... sometimes I listen nearly 12-14 hours for weeks on end. I give up on pretty much everything during such a phase.

Now I hardly listen to a song a day... I'm catching up on tons of TV serials and movies on the home theater.

Are you referring to the quality of music i.e. vinyl vs. digital (please don't start that debate again) or quality of music with regards to the artist?

If technology then only a DBT will convince me a technology is supposedly better and most expensive audiophile grade products lose that battle.

If its artists then define quality! And who gets to decide on what is quality music?

I listened to a lot of Metallica, Black Sabbath, etc. when growing up... now very rarely but my cousins and nephews still enjoy them.

I never had a thing for classical music and still don't get what Opera is all about (though I have a few albums from Andrea Bocelli & Luciano Pavarotti).

I hate Lady Gaga but she has fans pretty much all over the world. Ditto for all girl and boy bands.

If numbers (sales) should decide then The Beatles are the best... but many I know many friends don't even like them. I listen to them but they are not my No. 1 band.

I don't even agree with the number one movie on IMDB... The Shawshank Redemption! Movies like The Godfather and even The Dark Knight are way better according to me.

Fully agree with you. There is no way you can calibrate the quality of the music. Everybody has different tastes.

There is no good music or bad music. After all this is music. Thats what matters.

Thanks
Pandu

Listening to music can be of different types & 'intensities' !
Music I listen to @ home in my music room is 'serious' listening.
This would be 2 hours every morning & 1 to 3 hours in the evening / night [this depends on my social obligations]
The System in the Car plays - when I drive to work & back.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
In my office - I have music on all the time - I work with music playing - Tannoy Ellipse 8.
http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-...ellipse-8-esi-juli-computer-sound-card-6.html

Essentially music plays most of the time - when ever I am alone - I think..

p.s. I do not listen to music on my phone...

Anywhere from Nil to 4-5 hours a day.

Like musicbee...I hv mood swings. In between in was reading craze, then it was games and now movies/tv.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back