How Low Frequency is taken care of in a BS

hearsh

Hi,

First of all Let me tell you am not very knwoledgable with AV stuff and I am just starting to build it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have been using a DENON AVR where all the low frequencies is sent to subwoofer with an extra output and also configuring the cutoff frequency in Amplifier ( generally around 70-80Hz).

Similarly in a stereo setup how can we take care of frequencies which cant be reproduced by bookshelf/floorstander. Normally speakers catering to 60 Hz and above. Is there a way we can do a cutoff of frequencies below 80 Hz to a Subwoofer ? I understand we dont have a subout in stereo amplifier.

Any Suggestions ?

Thanks..

Hi,

First of all Let me tell you am not very knwoledgable with AV stuff and I am just starting to build it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have been using a DENON AVR where all the low frequencies is sent to subwoofer with an extra output and also configuring the cutoff frequency in Amplifier ( generally around 70-80Hz).

Similarly in a stereo setup how can we take care of frequencies which cant be reproduced by bookshelf/floorstander. Normally speakers catering to 60 Hz and above. Is there a way we can do a cutoff of frequencies below 80 Hz to a Subwoofer ? I understand we dont have a subout in stereo amplifier.

Any Suggestions ?

Thanks..

your sub should support speaker level outputs. then you can connect the amp output to sub and sub spkr out to speakers. IIRC the sub should have the low pass also, or it will be a problem.
or you can take the tape output and connect it to the sub. again the lowpass will be an issue, you might have to purchase an external one.

Hi,
some stereo amps have sub out facility.
if you are going to use your denon in stereo mode, you can easily use your sub as you are using it in 5.1 set up.

hi Hearsh,

thats where an active crossover comes in. it splits the frequency (as how you would want it) and feeds it to separate amps which in turn drive separate speakers.

you may read more about this

BEHRINGER: CX2310

Hi,

Thanks all for replies, :signthankspin::signthankspin::signthankspin:

First I am not going to do this in a 5.1 AVR setup. I have been using AVR for a while now but it doesnt satisfies my Audio Thirst. I am planning to build a Stereo setup in my bedroom only for audio.

I will read more about active crossover, Thanks for jumping in.

Will ask more questions here of required...:clapping::clapping:

hi Hearsh,

thats where an active crossover comes in. it splits the frequency (as how you would want it) and feeds it to separate amps which in turn drive separate speakers.

you may read more about this

BEHRINGER: CX2310

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back