How many hours a day can an AVR be used to last 10 years?

Donivlapog

How many hours a day is considered dangerous for an AVR to be played to avoid overheating and to extend its life?

I have a Yamaha RX-V475 that I got in 2014 and still running (although, the HDMI board was replaced once under warranty). At one point, I used it for more than 8 hours/day for more than 5 years. Since then my usage has gone down significantly and I currently use it for 4-5 hour sessions 3 times a week.

How many hours a day is considered dangerous for an AVR to be played to avoid overheating and to extend its life?
this question has no meaning as electronics can fail anytime anyday irrespective of hours of usage or last years without trouble. This is especially true of modern day AVRs with poor build quality in the 1-2L range.

I have used Onkyo HTR 330 for an average of 4 to 6 hours every day for about 11 years. It's still working. Bought in 2005. But there was some intermittent switching off issue which started after 10 years of usage(random) and I stopped using it on a daily basis. It was being used all the time while TV was on.

this question has no meaning as electronics can fail anytime anyday irrespective of hours of usage or last years without trouble. This is especially true of modern day AVRs with poor build quality in the 1-2L range.
There are electronics and there is AVR, the problem child among electronics.

This can be difficult to answer, everyone used their gear differently. Some with connect it forget it but use sparingly, then some who use it carelessly and then some like me who fiddle around too much but with utter care.

If all above use the same AVR for same number of hours it won't last same years or hours.
Same like a car, your car won't give same mileage as mine even if both cars are identical.

I have seen people plugging and unplugging speaker wires and heck even HDMI cables with the AVR turned on, the frightening look I gave them they thought they committed a crime. 😂

If you treat your stuff well it will last good, but since AVR has so many electronic elements inside it. Anything can fail at any given time.

Don't think much, enjoy till it is running well and treat it well with care.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back