how old your speakers?

manu4panjab

hey brothers

want to know how old your home theare speakers and you haven't made any change for the past few years

is here any one who is using his speakers for more than two years and they are still going

for speakers i also meaning subwoofers

I have bose 301 mark II walnut colour, they are around 20 years old, also have bose 901 mark IV which are round about the same time.

The 901 need to get the speakers fixed as due to rat menace the cones got screwed. The 301 work fine no issues there as of now

I have bose 301 mark II walnut colour, they are around 20 years old, also have bose 901 mark IV which are round about the same time.

The 901 need to get the speakers fixed as due to rat menace the cones got screwed. The 301 work fine no issues there as of now

20 years old great man :cool:

16 years old!!
Woodstock speakers with 8" woofer each has
L O V E the deep warm sound!!!

hey brothers

want to know how old your home theare speakers and you haven't made any change for the past few years

is here any one who is using his speakers for more than two years and they are still going

electronics change faster than speakers - my 2 channel music speakers are 6 yrs old. My HT is 2.5

hey brothers

I have a pair of Tannoys ( floorstanders) which are over 20 years old and another pair of " Knights" made by Allied Radio Corp,USA which my Dad bought in 1967, floorstanders,with 16 ohms impedence. Both sets of speakers working perfectly.Cheers,
Sanjay

Hi Sanjay
What amp do you use to drive the 16 ohm FS?

2 years...Denon HTiB speakers....Got the package at Denon DHT 1356XP in 2007. Last year upgraded AVR to Denon 2308. Now hunting for speakers...but deferred until November..(wife issues)

I have a pair of Tannoys ( floorstanders) which are over 20 years old and another pair of " Knights" made by Allied Radio Corp,USA which my Dad bought in 1967, floorstanders,with 16 ohms impedence. Both sets of speakers working perfectly.Cheers,
Sanjay

Hi Sanjay,

You could be sitting on a goldmine,have you opened the speakers and looked at the drivers?

Knight was the brand name of speakers sold by the Allied Radio Corp in the 1950's and 60's (before Tandy / Radio Shack bought the company in the late 1960's). Knight speakers usually contained drivers from Jensen, Electro-voice, Utah, Goodmans of England, and even Foster of Japan with the quality of the drivers depending on the price point of the particular model.

Since you say 16 ohm I suspect they might be Jensen Coaxial,or Goodmans drivers.

What is the model of your Tannoys?

I have a pair of Tannoy Monitor Golds from 1974.(my Dads)

The various Altecs I have date from 1965-1978 that I have picked up over the past ten years.

Regards
Rajiv

I have a Sansui Amplifier AU 517which was manufactured in 1977 and Acoustic Research Speakers ( should be more then 25 years old) . I am using this as a Second system and both bought second hand 5 to 6 years back . Much much better then my New system.

Bose AM10 going great for the past 11 years. I have moved it to 7 different states in the US through various means of transport and finally to India through checked-in luggage. It has survived all these onslaught :eek:hyeah:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back