How should i improve my source?

Akshit2111

Hi guys
I have ran a separate thread for my hifi related queries but theres one thing i need to get sorted is about the source.
how should i improve my source in the least expensive way.
Till date i have been using bluetooth to play music or have been using youtube app on my tv.

playing thru CD's is not my cup of tea.
I have recently purchased a yamaha preamp/streamer which can play thru usb wifi airplay. It also tidal integration to play flac files. i tried tidal for free but its a costly affair to pay 20 dollars a month.
I need some suggestions on this.

Tidal is a stream service, not a source.
If you have digital music on phone/laptop, see if you can stream to Yamaha.

Otherwise pick up a Chromecast audio puck.
It's on sale in US now for $15

VLC player can cast to it

Cheers,
Raghu

Well

Most of us hunt for MP3s (320kbps) over the internet and download the same.....You also get FLAC files....all you need is to search....some are free while others charge a fraction......

The app on TV works to a certain extent and output is Stereo......sometimes the source level and quality may be a challenge....

I have hooked up my Laptop to AVR via HDMI and HDMI out from AVR to TV.......this way using a wireless keyboard i am able to control what i want to watch or work on. The HDMI out from Laptop can be configured as 2.0 or 5.1 or 7.1 (Depends on what soundcard is there).

Internet is streamed through Wifi on Laptop...my normal LED TV becomes SMART this way...no tension of memory or crashing like some SMART TVs...

Audio quality is good....you can decide to stream audio or download from known sites at a price or for free.....

i tried tidal for free but its a costly affair to pay 20 dollars a month.
Take Tidal Family Subscription ; it provides 6 free accounts at 30$. Share the subscription with your friends and family members . It'll be 5usd per head which is quite less.
Just make sure that the type of music you want is on Tidal.

Otherwise you'll have to get Cds with good cd player or ripped Cds to lose less formats playing from wxc 50.
Most other streaming services like gaana HD can be played via wxc 50.

Take Tidal Family Subscription ; it provides 6 free accounts at 30$. Share the subscription with your friends and family members . It'll be 5usd per head which is quite less.
Just make sure that the type of music you want is on Tidal.

Otherwise you'll have to get Cds with good cd player or ripped Cds to lose less formats playing from wxc 50.
Most other streaming services like gaana HD can be played via wxc 50.
Best way to get good quality in a budget.

Guys, try this out too.
Every city has FMs with loads of digital music on the HDDs.
Have a local meet up and exchange like in the good old days (anyone remember tape dubbing) :)

Amazon prime membership also comes with Amazon music.
Pretty decent collection of English music. Local I don't know.
But there are quite a few decent quality internet radio stations.
My wife is always using them. She discovers new music every week.

Cheers,
Raghu

Akshit, i strongly suggest you to have an audition of any fellow members setup. This is the best way for you to decide on things.

Bluetooth and other online streamings are not the best source files for stereo world. Believe me you will have a fair idea after listening to your fellow setup.

Tidal is pretty good one, recently subscribed to hifi version(one month free trail) afterwards pretty expensive of $20 a month lossless sound quality, really big difference compare to apple or amazon music which streams in 256kbps.

On tidal trial now...Using It with AK70 and Senn 58x fio a5
combo. Can't go to spotify , prime anymore... Unfortunately, no one inthe family into serious listening. So looking for 5 more to join. Those Interested can PM.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back