How to caliberate my HD tv??

goyal.sanchit

Hello

I have a 32" LCD (full HD) and would be hopefully buying a 50" plasma (hd ready) in near future.

The PQ on the sony 32" LCD is NOWHERE near to what it is seen in showrooms and is marginally above the PQ for SD content even when I play the PLANET EARTH 1080p videos. :yahoo: :yahoo:

So I guess I need to do some calliberation but the problem is I am a complete newbie :sad: :sad:

I searched on net and AVIA II guide to home theater looks to be the most easy. But its available in just NTSC version. Would it work fine?? Or any other tips any1 would like to suggest?

PS: I found this as the appropriate section to post this thread. Kindly move it to some other thread if it doesnt belong here. :):)

Hello

I have a 32" LCD (full HD) and would be hopefully buying a 50" plasma (hd ready) in near future.

The PQ on the sony 32" LCD is NOWHERE near to what it is seen in showrooms and is marginally above the PQ for SD content even when I play the PLANET EARTH 1080p videos. :yahoo: :yahoo:

So I guess I need to do some calliberation but the problem is I am a complete newbie :sad: :sad:

I searched on net and AVIA II guide to home theater looks to be the most easy. But its available in just NTSC version. Would it work fine?? Or any other tips any1 would like to suggest?

PS: I found this as the appropriate section to post this thread. Kindly move it to some other thread if it doesnt belong here. :):)

Hi,

To calibrate an LCD/Plasma TV's you need a calibrating DVD/Bluray disc like,

Joe Kane's Digital Video
AVIA Guide to Home Theater

maybe this link will help,

LCD TV Calibration: Learn to Calibrate your LCD Television

more info on calibration is available here
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=139
http://www.hometheatermag.com/advicefromtheexperts/407cali/
cheers

Last edited:
Hello

The PQ on the sony 32" LCD is NOWHERE near to what it is seen in showrooms and is marginally above the PQ for SD content even when I play the PLANET EARTH 1080p videos.

Hi,
if that is the case that you can't find much difference in SD and HD content then I doubt there is something wrong the way you are connecting or something wrong with your TV. What connection you are using? you need to connect using either HDMI or component cables to get HD quality pictures.
Thanks.

Hi,
if that is the case that you can't find much difference in SD and HD content then I doubt there is something wrong the way you are connecting or something wrong with your TV. What connection you are using? you need to connect using either HDMI or component cables to get HD quality pictures.
Thanks.

I played 1080p content played in WD media player and connection was using HDMI cable. I believe that the tv is very badly caliberated If I can say so!! :eek:hyeah: Maybe would have to do some serious caliberation!! :yahoo:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back