How to connect a Sub with an Integrated Amp with no sub out

joysen2002

Hello All,

Can you please guide me on the process of how to connect a Subwoofer with an Integrated Amp which does not have a sub pre-out?

I am planning to get a sub but none of my integrated amplifier has a sub pre-out

Norge pre-power combo - which I will get shortly
Marantz PM5004

Your help and guidance is much appreciated

Hello All,

Can you please guide me on the process of how to connect a Subwoofer with an Integrated Amp which does not have a sub pre-out?

I am planning to get a sub but none of my integrated amplifier has a sub pre-out

Norge pre-power combo - which I will get shortly
Marantz PM5004

Your help and guidance is much appreciated

If it is going to be an integrated amp then you need to use the line level out connections on the sub amplifier and connect it to the integrated amp. For this you need to have a sub which accepts speaker inputs.
But if it is going to be a pre/power combo then you can use a RCA Y splitter on the preamp out and use one of the L/R outs to the sub amplifier and the other to the power amp.

Purchase a Active Sub woofer with the functions of Speaker In & Out. (Amp's speaker out directly connect to Sub woofer speaker In, then Sub woofer's speaker out connect to your speakers)

Last edited:
Amazing coincidence - I just did this on my ancient tx-sr500 - that had a sub woofer pre out which requires a powered sub woofer - so I connected my passive SW to the centre speaker outs and then adjusted the crossover to 120 Hz to compensate for the small bookshelves and set the SW mode to Mode 2 - Centre speaker bass out

Best solution is to get a powered sub woofer as suggested above.

This has been covered many times earlier, including once about a week ago. I use an RCA splitter on my integrated's line in, from my source, and feed the signal into my powered sub's "line in" RCAs. Its worked very well for me.

This has been covered many times earlier, including once about a week ago. I use an RCA splitter on my integrated's line in, from my source, and feed the signal into my powered sub's "line in" RCAs. Its worked very well for me.

Excuse me, its not the correct method. When you connect this type of method your sub woofer's output sound always same. If you reduce the amp's volume, you can't reduce the sub woofer volume. You're getting always same punch in this situation, but you connect speaker in & out or pre-out it is varying along other speaker's volume and this always matching the system's total sound.

Thank You All for your suggestion...meanwhile it will be a great help if you can advice me on the below query...

I have a Sony Soundbar with a Subwoofer... HT-GT1 : Sound Bar : Sound Bar : Sony India

I was thinking that till the time I purchase a new active subwoofer, can in anyway the subwoofer which is accompanied by the soundbar is utilized?
The Subwoofer is of active type, and all the functions of the soundbar is controlled from this woofer only (you can visit the sony product page for more details).

I may sound very stupid here...please pardon me as I am very much novice in this domain...

You could also use the"Rec out" from the Amp( if it has one) to connect to your Sub. I have used this method with no probs a couple of years ago.

You could also use the"Rec out" from the Amp( if it has one) to connect to your Sub. I have used this method with no probs a couple of years ago.

Whenever you connect a Sub through Rec out, Sub woofer sound will be distorted in high lever, reason is that 100% of the source power reaching to the sub input. And all the time sub woofer sound same tone and sound pressure level will be same.
''If you hear always same volume, it will be ok, no problem''...

Can you plz suggest if the soundbar subwoofer (I hv given the details of the soundbar in the above post) can b utilized in any way for the time being...it is sony ht-gt1 soundbar...

Can you plz suggest if the soundbar subwoofer (I hv given the details of the soundbar in the above post) can b utilized in any way for the time being...it is sony ht-gt1 soundbar...

All the installation details clearly mentioned in the catalog book. So what's the problem? Installation cables supplied ! You're also an educated man... read carefully then you can install it very safe.... all the best

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back