How to connect Amazon Fire stick to an A/V receiver?

Hi,
I need some help in connecting the Amazon Fire TV stick with Onkyo 3400. The system is connected sometime back and I almost forgot everything.
I could not locate the user manual of Onkyo S3400. Please send me the user manual if anyone have?

My connections are like this
-> Fire TV stick connected to Samsung TV to one of the HDMI port
-> TV Optical SPDIF is connected to the Onkyo Receiver.
-> When I play the movie from Amazon Prime, only the background music come through the speakers of Onkyo.
-> The usual talking in the movie is not audible ( I could not hear what characters are talking in movie)

Can anyone help me in getting 5.1 Dolby from Amazon TV stick??
Also please pass me the Onkyo S3400 User Manual if you have!!

Appreciate your help!!

Hi,
I need some help in connecting the Amazon Fire TV stick with Onkyo 3400. The system is connected sometime back and I almost forgot everything.
I could not locate the user manual of Onkyo S3400. Please send me the user manual if anyone have?

-> When I play the movie from Amazon Prime, only the background music come through the speakers of Onkyo.
-> The usual talking in the movie is not audible ( I could not hear what characters are talking in movie)

Appreciate your help!!
Please try this link : https://www.manualslib.com/products/Onkyo-Ht-S3400-74004.html

Hi,

Appreciate your help!!

Why don't you connect Fire TV to your receiver via HDMI input and output to TV via another HDMI cable?

Hi,
Thanks for your suggestions. I recently changed my TV to 4K. bought Kodak 55 inch model Android one. 55CA0909
Now I need more help in connecting the FireTV stick to Onkyo.
What is the best possible way to connect the Fire TV stick to TV now?
I connected stick to TV HDMI port and ARC HDMI from TV connected to Onkyo.
The above setup , I am not getting 5.1 Surround sound.
If I connect the stick to Receiver, My only concern is that I need to switch on Onkyo all the time even if I watch normal youtube without any surround sound.

Please suggest best possible way!!

Best way is Fire TV Stick>> AVR >> TV. Then you'll definitely get the surround sound. As regards to your onkyo switched on all the time, there's a setting in setup where you can enable pass through mode in which AVR will be on Standby mode ( With red light) and it'll not work and the picture is directly transferred to your TV from your firestick.

I finally found solution to connect Fire TV stick to Receiver only when needed. I purchased 2 HDMI male to Female cables 10 feet each

Connected these 2 cables one from Receiver and second one from TV . Now I have a option to just unplug and connect

HELP! Trying to connect a new Fire Stick 4k to an older TV (just won't die!) with no HDMI port via A Pioneer VSX-32 receiver. Plugged the Fire Stick into one of the available HDMI ports on the receiver and selected that port as the chosen device on the receiver. NOTHING. Is this recejver simply too old? All of my other video devices push through this receiver with no major issues. Any ideas?

After connecting your fire stick, you might have to go into the AVR setup and assign that HDMI port for the audio and video.Check your owners manual. Most owners manuals are online now as they are too many pages for the manufacturers to print. AVR's have a lot of "set-up" selections to make things work correctly.

Can the Amazon Firestick be plugged in Marantz NR 1200 Network Receiver HDMI port for playing Amz Prime, Youtube, etc? My TV is a 10 yr old ' unsmart' Sony Bravia which does not have ARC or any digital output. I have connected STB and an old desktop Pc to this reciever through HDMI and getting video on TV and audio on Floorstandars connected to the Marantz reciever. The desktop is giving lots of trouble now hence looking for an alternative for watching YouTube , Netflix, Prime etc.

Can the Amazon Firestick be plugged in Marantz NR 1200 Network Receiver HDMI port for playing Amz Prime, Youtube, etc? My TV is a 10 yr old ' unsmart' Sony Bravia which does not have ARC or any digital output. I have connected STB and an old desktop Pc to this reciever through HDMI and getting video on TV and audio on Floorstandars connected to the Marantz reciever. The desktop is giving lots of trouble now hence looking for an alternative for watching YouTube , Netflix, Prime etc.

I also use a NON SMART TV which is 12 years + and connected Firestick to the AVR and then HDMI Out to the TV. Enabled HDMI Passthrough on the AVR so that I get Audio & Video directly on TV without the need to switch on the AVR. I am sure NR1200 will also have similar settings. Yes the Firestick will suffice for Youtube, Netflix, Prime etc. which I currently use.

I also use a NON SMART TV which is 12 years + and connected Firestick to the AVR and then HDMI Out to the TV. Enabled HDMI Passthrough on the AVR so that I get Audio & Video directly on TV without the need to switch on the AVR. I am sure NR1200 will also have similar settings. Yes the Firestick will suffice for Youtube, Netflix, Prime etc. which I currently use.
Thanks for the response sir. I am having doubts only because NR 1200 is not an AV reciver but only a network reciever for audio. However, it does have 4K pass through and that's why I am able to use it for video from STB as well as from pc.I think video from Firestick also will be able to play on the tv. Isn't it?

Thanks for the response sir. I am having doubts only because NR 1200 is not an AV reciver but only a network reciever for audio. However, it does have 4K pass through and that's why I am able to use it for video from STB as well as from pc.I think video from Firestick also will be able to play on the tv. Isn't it?
it should. I am sure the supplied operations manual would have this mentioned.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back