How TO connect av receiver and stereo amp both at a time to my towers,?

dr.karaan

Guys may be i couldn't put the title right sorry for that..
i have misssion mx3 5.1 home theatre runnig through pioneer av receiver
now i wana add stereo receiver to this set up, so my question is since front towers are connected to av receiver, hw can they be played through stereo amp? is there any switch to which i can connect speakers and then switch between amp and receiver with it?
also some one suggested that since i have 4 conncetors to my tower speakers i should connnect 2 to receiver and 2 stereo amp? but i fear will this work? also if i buy mistake play both then won't there be any danger of damage to amp or speakers?
plz help

i think i need to go with switch only thats safest option, my AVR (pioneer vsx 1131) has line out, which says i can connect stereo amp and separate speakers to it in different room. that means when i will connect my towers to amp they will be playing through amp only and not through AVR at any time since its for ROOM B..

Hi. Putting once again much discussed but still in doubt question of sharing one subwoofer both for movies and music.
Existing: Preout of Front L/R from AVR is connected to Power amp. The FS is connected to Power amp.
Proposed: Now I want to use one Preamp/ Integrated Amp (with HT bypass). The Front L/R will be routed thro Preamp/Int Amp to Power Amp.
If there is any Pre amp/ Int amp with Sub woofer input and output ports so that the Sub preout of AVR to Sub input of Preamp can be connected. And sub can be connected to Sub out of preamp/ Int Amp.
Am I totally hypothetical or it is possible ?

i cant do
Hi. Putting once again much discussed but still in doubt question of sharing one subwoofer both for movies and music.
Existing: Preout of Front L/R from AVR is connected to Power amp. The FS is connected to Power amp.
Proposed: Now I want to use one Preamp/ Integrated Amp (with HT bypass). The Front L/R will be routed thro Preamp/Int Amp to Power Amp.
If there is any Pre amp/ Int amp with Sub woofer input and output ports so that the Sub preout of AVR to Sub input of Preamp can be connected. And sub can be connected to Sub out of preamp/ Int Amp.
Am I totally hypothetical or it is possible ?
i cant do this also coz my avr doesnt hv preout for front L/R (as attached in picture)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back