How to connect -AVR-Stereo Integrated

[/I][/B]
Setup :
Android TV (HDMI) input to SR6006 and optical Out TO PM 6006 , Speakers connected : AJ bookshelves on Speakers A terminals, Center channel has the yamaha, and polk on the Subwoofer out.
PM6006 >>> Paradigm FS

My Android TV box also has an optical out as well: will check if it can output to HDMI as well as the Optical out ( that will solve the problem of playing the music from the Android box0

The optical out works simultaneously with the HDMI out. so that feeds directly to the PM6006 and my movie and music setup are now separated

Thanks for all the insights and assistance.

I realise this discussion is a little old now, but as I have a set up using an AVR and an integrated Amp I thought I would contribute.

I have a Marantz SR5300 and a PM 6006 set up in my bedroom. I use the L/R pre outs from the 6.1 output of the 5300 to an analogue RCA input (tuner) on the 6006.

This is as has been suggested on here and works fine. There is no room equalisation on the 5300 so getting levels right is down to ear, and as the 6006 volume controls the fronts this can be adjusted to taste depending on what is being listened to. I do find that i have to have the 6006 volume turned up past 12 o'clock to get a reasonable balance to the rears/centre.

Some notes:

1. I like to listen to music as I fall asleep. With the 5300 if I use multi-channel stereo and switch off the centre channel/sub I can have low level stereo music from the rear speakers which are at the head end of my bed. This enables a low volume so as not to disturb anyone in the house. The 5300 has a sleep function and the display can be dimmed. For this purpose the 6006 is not used.
2. It is true that running an input into the 5300 then out to the 6006 can potentially degrade the signal quality. For optical digital sources I have used a splitter so they provide an independent input to both amps.
3. The stereo set up uses Dynaudio 2/6s which I find excellent with the 6006 amp. However, if I so choose, by adding the 5300 I can enable the output of the rears/centre/sub independently to modify the soundstage. It's not purist, but it is nice to have the option!
4. Conversely, when playing eg a SACD in 5.1 it's great to have good steareo fronts supported by the rears/centre/sub through the 5300
5. The only source I am not passing through both amps is my turntable which goes direct to the 6006. I guess I could take an audio out from the 6006 to the 5300. However, I think then there is a risk that with the wrong input selected on both amps there would be a continual loop and I presume a runaway 'howl around' could develop. Potentially destroying one or both amps.
I don't think I would really benefit from 'virtual surround' from the vinyl source anyway.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back