how to connect

richard.ezeckial

dear sir

i've been using world space receiver for nearly 8 years and now since they closed the services , was wondering if i could use this receiver to get internet radio thru the modem am currently using of hathways broadband
I've been reading this news on the internet radio catching the heat , and also lot of receiver are on sales thru net

If yes , i can connect , how and what are the itmes should i buy and is it availbale in local markets of bangalore

regards

Richard

The sat radio has a amp that is only useful .

More likely the decoder + Dac is one chip .. if to are different some mods can be done .

However it is like reinventing the wheel , waste of time .
Better get a 6k web radio or do a full diy built from scratch .

Thanks Kuashik

which brand do you suggest , and site details + i have hathway modem , what more should i buy ,.. like router or a transmitter

richard

I am also a newbie in these items ...
However Aluratek and ASUS should be reliable .They are economical too. If you pick from US it will be near 4k.
Via 20north etc these are 5-6k.

I have seen a pendrive product of Aluratek here in BLR ,
(it needs PC to play allthe time).. i will ask for the radio unit if the seller have.

Hi kaushik

thanks ,.
tried to buy the ALURETEK reciever from Amazon , cost $100 , but the final price is $ 220 , ( shipping + import charges ) , this is crazy for paying double the price
any indian dealers for these kind of receivers, because its worth paying $200 for the stuff alone , not for other costs like,.. shipping and import duties

richard

internet radio

Hi kaushik

got my self the myine radio costed $78 + Rs 1600 for shipping and handling, had to buy a wireless router too , its just too amazing , 1000s of stations , live radio of US, where i used to listen in detroit , sound is clear , had to connect it to my amplifier
wondering in india why nobody is marketing this radio , could make lot of money
wondering how to share this information to all the members of this blog

thanks to you ,.. 20north sent it in 10 days

regards

richard

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back