How to extend WiFi for LAN only Blue Ray Players

I am not sure how routers can solve this issue. But one good option will be:

Netgear WNCE2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter

I have a panasonic BD60 blu-ray player which is not wifi enabled and only has ethernet connectivity option. I was looking for a solution and found this in amazon. Ordered one few days back and expecting it to reach me next week.

Received my Netgear Universal Wireless Internet Adapter WNCE2001.
Now I am able to access wireless network in my Panasonic BD60 blu-ray player and WD TV Live media player:yahoo:. The great thing about this product is that it can be used with any device which has a Ethernet port available. No compatibility issues.

02032011517.jpg

Received my Netgear Universal Wireless Internet Adapter WNCE2001.
Now I am able to access wireless network in my Panasonic BD60 blu-ray player and WD TV Live media player:yahoo:. The great thing about this product is that it can be used with any device which has a Ethernet port available. No compatibility issues.

02032011517.jpg

Can you tell me how far is your router from the place where you are connecting the netgear device to your tv and if you connect the router and netgear ina straight line how many walls are there in between? I was trying to figure out its reception capability.

Can you tell me how far is your router from the place where you are connecting the netgear device to your tv and if you connect the router and netgear ina straight line how many walls are there in between? I was trying to figure out its reception capability.

My router is the one provided by Airtel as part of their broadband connection which is Beetel 450TC1. I don't think it is the one with better network coverage. I have my Netgear at around 20 feet away from the router. There are 2 walls in between and the reception is good in my HT room even with the doors closed.

I have the similar problem for using the internet with Sony BDPS370. My wireless router is placed in another room and I can not extend the cable to BDP. The wireless dongle is too costly to buy...

Has anyone tried the similar method with Sony BDP as well. the main wireless router that I am using is the one provided by BSNL. I am not sure of the specifications. What is the cheapest repeater that I can buy in Pune to get my BDP connected to internet.

Cheers.

let me revive this thread - some queries:
- local cost & availability of this Netgear device ?
- will it work with any typical ethernet port ? (regardless of TV model)
- any other alternative ?

thanks,

I do not know the Market price of this device but this will indeed work with any TV with ethernet LAN port. Alternative can be use any cheaper router that is supported by DD-WRT custom firmware and flash the stock firmware with DD-WRT. Then start using the router as a wireless bridge which will make the router a client in your home wifi and allow anything that connect to it via LAN ports to be connected to your home wifi lan.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back