How to get the best out of Taga Harmony 606-SE

Vishnu93

Hi folks,

Could someone help me with getting the best out of Taga Harmony 606-SE. I have paired it with my Yamaha RX v581. The dialogues are not being heard when I play any movie. When I sit near the center speaker, I can feel the dialogues are crisp or heard better, but when I sit around 6 feet away, The dialogues are unheard and some kind of echo makes it even worse. The treble is also bit high and I tried tweaking the settings with the AVR, but is not of any great help. I have heard great about 606SE but I'm bit disappointed. I usually connect with Bluetooth. Does that result in loss of audio quality? Also I sit around 6 feet away and the surround speakers are 6 feet away from my seating position/ 12 feet away from the receiver . So what should be the ideal setting for distance in AVR for all the 5 speakers. I have attached pics of my speaker setting.

.606-SE (1).jpg

Thanks in advance for the help

Last edited:
You should request the mods to move this thread to Yamaha AvR or TAGA owners thread for better responses.
@MODs could you move this to the right thread?

Hi folks,

Could someone help me with getting the best out of Taga Harmony 606-SE. I have paired it with my Yamaha RX v581. The dialogues are not being heard when I play any movie. When I sit near the center speaker, I can feel the dialogues are crisp or heard better, but when I sit around 6 feet away, The dialogues are unheard and some kind of echo makes it even worse. The treble is also bit high and I tried tweaking the settings with the AVR, but is not of any great help. I have heard great about 606SE but I'm bit disappointed. I usually connect with Bluetooth. Does that result in loss of audio quality? Also I sit around 6 feet away and the surround speakers are 6 feet away from my seating position/ 12 feet away from the receiver . So what should be the ideal setting for distance in AVR for all the 5 speakers. I have attached pics of my speaker setting.

.View attachment 55150

Thanks in advance for the help
Hello,
Please tell what is the source of your movies? Is the movie encoded in proper dolby 5.1 sound?

Have configured your speakers using yapo?

Can use following link to setup speakers.
Thank you!. I feel the same with YPAO as mentioned in this article "sometimes work wonders, our confidence in their results is pretty low. Too often they misjudge crucial things like speaker size"

The dialogues are not being heard when I play any movie. When I sit near the center speaker, I can feel the dialogues are crisp or heard better,
In that case ,room is playing its role. You can try elevating center speaker as it is on shelf.That will work. Also use different speaker cables.Try increasing center channel level in AVR. I had used these speakers with Yamaha 667 and it used to pair perfectly.

Thank you!. I feel the same with YPAO as mentioned in this article "sometimes work wonders, our confidence in their results is pretty low. Too often they misjudge crucial things like speaker size"
In that case, have you configured as guided in article i have shared. Change setting without using yapo by following that article. Let us know if that improves thing for you

Thanks! Source is TV- (YouTube, Amazon Prime) and phone Bluetooth (Samsung S9) for music
Hello,
I also recommend the steps as suggested by @spirovious. Check the connection of the wires first. If that is proper, then increase the center channel level.
I have also increased my center channel level after mcacc calibration (since i have pioneer AVR).
After increasing the level, i am sure that your problem will be solved.

In that case ,room is playing its role. You can try elevating center speaker as it is on shelf.That will work. Also use different speaker cables.Try increasing center channel level in AVR. I had used these speakers with Yamaha 667 and it used to pair perfectly.
Thanks @spirovious , This really helped. I elevated the center speakers. Now it's placed just on top of the TV and dialogues are crisp!. Ans as you suggested, i changed from HDMI to optic audio cable. Now I'm really satisfied. Thank you so much

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back